Served warm, this velvety Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce makes for an excellent dipping sauce or condiment. Mild in heat, yet HUGE on flavor.
Creamy, savory, and smooth… this bowl of awesome is one of my favorite things at the moment. Slather it on sandwiches, serve it with all sorts of potatoes, mixed together with your favorite pasta, or with my Air Fryer Arancini as an appetizer! Make a batch, and I promise that you won’t have any trouble finding different ways to use it!
INGREDIENTS FOR ROASTED RED PEPPER CREAM SAUCE:
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this super yummy recipe!
- JARRED ROASTED RED PEPPERS: You can find these at your local grocery store next to the jarred pickles! These are way faster, and easier, than roasting red peppers yourself.
- GARLIC: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again! Garlic makes everything better.
- DRIED BASIL: You can certainly use fresh basil, as the flavor would be the same. However, the consistency will change from smooth to slightly lumpy.
- DRIED OREGANO: Same as the basil, I like to utilize dried herbs in this recipe.
- RED PEPPER FLAKES: A pinch or two should do the trick! If you prefer a spicier sauce, go ahead and add as much as you’d like!
- BUTTER: This adds a layer of flavor and makes the final dish velvety smooth.
- HEAVY CREAM: All you need is just a touch. I promise, this makes a big difference and the sauce isn’t quite the same without it.
- SALT: Lightly season at the end, taste, and add more if necessary.
I’ve used this in the past as a marinade for grilled chicken, steak and even shrimp! Such a versatile recipe to jazz up your next meal!
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU SERVE ROASTED RED PEPPER CREAM WITH?
My personal favorite way to serve this is as a dipping sauce. It’s seriously dreamy with anything crispy and/or crunchy. Try pairing it with one of the recipes below! Dunk away, my friends. Dunk away!
APPETIZERS & SIDES:
How To Make Smashed Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Roast Beef Sandwich Sushi on Crispy Rice Cakes
Fool Proof Homemade Garlic Bread
Genoa Salami and Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons
Toasty Meatloaf Sandwich Crostini Appetizers
Incredibly Crunchy Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Double-Dipped Air Fryer Onion Rings
MAIN MEAL SAUCE:
Pan Fried Carne Asada Burritos
Potato Chip Crusted Chicken Fingers
Ham and Cheese Homemade Stromboli
The Juiciest Air Fryer Fried Chicken Bites
BLT Flatbread Pizzas with White Garlic Sauce
I also love this on anything between two slices of bread! Slather it inside this Meatball and Italian Sub, dolloped on top of a Perfectly Piled Burger, or revamp a homemade classic… the Almighty Grilled Cheese!
VIEW ALL MY BLOG RECIPES HERE!
- 24 oz. Jarred Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Salted Butter
- 3 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- Salt, to taste
- Chives, chopped
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large food processor, puree the jarred red peppers, garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Add salted butter to a sauté pan over medium heat. Allow to slightly brown and then pour in the red pepper mixture. Bring to a simmer, while constantly stirring.
- After a few minutes, whisk in the heavy cream and add salt, to taste. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of the recommended garnishments while still warm.
NOTES ON ROASTED RED PEPPER CREAM SAUCE:
- You can certainly serve this cold, just note that the sauce will thicken. This is best for smearing on cold sandwiches or using as a base for pizza sauce.
- Are you seeking a dairy-free version? Make sure to check out my Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Basil.
- Leftovers should be refrigerated in an air tight container and consumed within 2 – 3 days. To reheat, simply microwave or bring to a simmer on the stovetop.
Leave a Reply