Jam packed with protein and veggies, this indulgent B.L.A.T. Burger is a delicious option for lunch or dinner. Grab a stack of napkins and add this to your Whole30 recipes to try!
Howdy friends! How is your week going?
The first week of our Whole30 challenge has gone by incredibly quick. Dare I say how much I’m enjoying it? Everything I read before starting this cleanse was how hard the first week can be… but I’ve actually had the opposite experience. Not only do I get to cook new-to-me meals in my kitchen each day (we all know how much I LOVE cooking and making up recipes), but my body actually feels different… better. I have an incredible amount of energy and catch myself smiling for no reason. Oh, and the sleep? Never better.
Smiling ear-to-ear on WCCB News Rising – 01.02.18 – Day 2 of Whole30
During the week, I’m all about quick and easy. This particular meal took less than a half hour to put together, that’s it! I opted for these Turkey Burgers from Trader Joe’s (they only have 3 ingredients) but feel free to make your own if that’s what you prefer. Each night, I made enough leftovers to eat for lunch the next day, so this recipe is for four servings.
Disclosure: I’m obsessed with burgers. They’re probably my favorite thing to devour… so obviously I had to make one that was Whole30 compliant.
Even the little guy can’t resist a big ‘ol burger. Like mother like son.
- 6-8 slices compliant Bacon
- 4 compliant Turkey Burgers
- 8 Large Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Tomatoes, thickly sliced
- ½ Red Onion, sliced
- 2 Avocados, halved & sliced
- Optional: Whole30 Ranch (recipe below)
- Optional: complaint Hot Sauce and/or Salsa
- Cook Bacon according to packaged directions, drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Fire up the grill and let pre-heat for 20 minutes. Cook Turkey Burgers according to packaged directions, typically 6-7 minutes on each side.
- While the burgers are grilling, prepare all your vegetables and optional Whole30 Ranch.
- When you're ready to assemble, use two lettuce leaves as your buns and pile on the toppings. Enjoy immediately.
Note: We served our Burgers with Roasted Sweet Potato Hash (scroll down to the leftover ideas on linked post for hash recipe) and sautéed Cauliflower Rice.
This homemade ranch dressing is crazy delicious and crazy easy to make. It’s packed with so much flavor that I’ll never go back to the bottled stuff ever again!! You can definitely make your own mayonnaise as the base, but I took the easy route (again) and use Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo.
First, we make up a Ranch Dry Mix. This dressing mix can be used far beyond the burger or salad – we love sprinkling over our crockpot chicken before cooking!
Ranch Dry Mix:
Store in an airtight jar for up to a week… if it lasts that long.
- 4 tbsp. Dried Cilantro
- 1 tsp. Dry English Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Dried Onion Flakes
- 4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
When you’re ready to assemble:
- 1 cup Whole30 compliant Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup compliant Almond Milk (we use Califa farms)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Ranch Dry Mix (recipe above)
My husband surprised me with an air fryer this weekend…. and there’s no better way to test it out than with FRENCH FRIES! Super delish. We served them with Whole30 Ranch and Tessemae’s Ketchup (which is Whole30 compliant… you read that right, WHOLE30 KETCHUP).
Now that you’re hungry… get into the kitchen and start cooking!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply