There’s something euphoric about sinking your teeth into a perfectly crafted cheeseburger recipe. A true crowd-pleaser that everyone enjoys!
I’m absolutely infatuated with burgers (and sandwiches, in general). I mean, how could I resist? Perfectly seasoned beef, crisp veggies and a heavy drizzle of sauce nestled between two toasted buns. Are you drooling yet? If so, make sure to give my Big Mac Copycat Sloppy Joe’s and Kimchi Cheeseburger Tacos a try!
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS CHEESEBURGER RECIPE:
I’m a firm believer that some of the best recipes require a minimal amount of ingredients. All you need for this lip-smacking meal is the following:
- Ground Beef + Seasonings
- Butter Lettuce
- Cheddar Cheese
- Burger Sauce
- Mustard Greens (optional but recommended)
- Sesame Seeded Hamburger Buns
Serve your cheeseburger masterpiece alongside some Air Fryer Potato Wedges and you’ve got yourself a real treat.
WHAT TYPE OF BEEF IS BEST?
The core component to any fabulous burger is the beef. I recommend using 80% lean / 20% fat. This ratio will ensure a juicy, flavorful burger.
WHAT SEASONINGS DO YOU NEED?
Keep it simple, my friends! All you need is seasoning salt, a few shakes of Worcestershire, garlic powder and black pepper.
WHAT’S THE BEST COOKING METHOD FOR THIS CHEESEBURGER RECIPE?
I love that you can cook this recipe year-round, not having to worry about inclement weather or gas for the outdoor grill. The diner-style method is my personal fav, which involves cooking the burgers on a skillet (cast iron is best) or a flat top grill. The burgers are smashed thin and cooked until crispy and caramelized along the edges.
WHAT’S THE BEST SAUCE TO SERVE THESE BURGERS WITH?
If you’ve followed me on the blog + social for a while, you’d know I’m a HUGE saucy person. Try topping these with my Homemade In-N-Out Secret Sauce. Oh man, this is such a flavorful combo! Talking about flavorful, do you ever crave a Double-Double Animal Style Cheeseburger? I’ve got all the details on how to make one at home on the blog!
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 tsp. Seasoning Salt
- 2 shakes Worcestershire sauce (about 1 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Cheddar Cheese Slices
- Butter Lettuce
- Mustard Greens
- In-N-Out Copycat Burger Sauce
- 4 Sesame Hamburger Buns, toasted
- Gently mix ground beef with seasoning salt, Worcestershire, garlic powder and black pepper in a large bowl. Do not overwork the meat.
- Divide meat into four equal sized patties and set them aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties, leaving space between each patty. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may have to cook the patties in batches.
- Smash the burgers flat and cook until they're seared with a crispy crust on one side. Flip and cook the burgers to your preferred internal temperature.
- Add cheese just before removing the patties from the skillet, letting the slices melt slightly onto the patties.
- Serve each patty on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, mustard greens and burger sauce. Enjoy!
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I like my burgers medium-well (150-155°F, slight pink in the center). This will take about 4.5 minutes to cook on each side. To make them medium (145°F, pink in the center) cook the patties for approximately 3.5 – 4 minutes per side.
- Other condiments you might enjoy include my Alabama White Sauce, Irish Beer Cheese and Bacon Jam.
- To ensure your burgers cook flat, you’ll want to press a “moat” approximately 1/4 inch from the edges, making a circle indention around the inside of the burger. This isn’t mandatory (it’s cosmetic, really), but doing this helps keep the burger edges from curling up.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: