Craving two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles & onions on a sesame seed bun? Here it is in THE BEST Sloppy Joe Recipe form.
Hands down, this is one of my favorite ground beef recipes. Even as a kid, I’ve always been a fan of deliciously messy Sloppy Joe’s. They’re incredibly easy to make, and you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. #winning
Key ingredients when it comes to making THE BEST Sloppy Joe recipe:
- Potato rolls are so much better than regular (ahem… boring) dinner rolls. They’re slightly squishy and add that extra “oh yeah, this is amazing” factor.
- Make your own secret sauce. It’s not that hard and tastes waaaaay better than the 1000 island you can purchase in the bottle (recipe below).
- Want to blow your mind? Crush up some potato chips and put them on top. You know when you go to McDonald’s and have a bite of a Big Mac, then a bite of a French fry and chew it all together? Yeah, it tastes just like that.
If you can’t find potato buns with sesame seeds on top, it’s super easy to do yourself. Preheat your oven to 350F and whisk an egg in a bowl. Place each bun on a baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash. Sprinkle each bun top with sesame seeds and bake for 3 – 4 minutes, until seeds have set. Poof… all done. Easy-peasy.
To make your own secret sauce, simply whisk together the following ingredients:
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup French Dressing
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt, or to taste
Any leftover sauce goes great on sandwiches, salads, and even chicken. Trust me, you want a bottle of this stuff in your refrigerator at all times.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup Diced White Onion
- 1 lb. Ground Sirloin
- 1 cup Secret Sauce (recipe above)
- ¾ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Potato Slider Rolls
- 6 Cheddar Cheese slices, cut in 4ths
- Pickles, as needed
- Shredded Lettuce, as needed
- Crushed Potato Chips (optional), as needed
- Mayonnaise, as needed
- Sauce white onion in a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat until softened. Add ground sirloin and continue to sauté until browned. Drain if necessary.
- Add secret sauce and shredded cheese to the ground beef. Continue to stir, cooking until cheese has melted.
- If desired, toast slider rolls. Assemble sliders with ground beef mixture, shredded lettuce, cheese, pickle slices and optional crushed potato chips.
- Smear a layer of mayonnaise on the inner part of the top bun and serve immediately. Enjoy!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: