Hot Crab Dip is a crowd favorite at our family parties. This version combines the delicious combo of spinach and artichokes for a tasty twist on a classic.
When it comes to throwing a social gathering, I’m all about serving warm, delicious cheesy dips. It’s seriously the ultimate appetizer. Perfectly rich and creamy… it’s the first thing that guests gravitate towards.
This hot crab dip is made with a blend of three cheeses: Swiss Gruyere, Monterey Jack and velvety cream cheese for the base. We then add spinach, marinated artichokes, bayou seasoning, a hint of garlic. To make it extra fancy… we’re also including lumps of fresh crab meat. Talk about an addicting combination!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HOT CRAB DIP?
We enjoy eating this melty dip with toasty baguette slices, homemade pretzel bites and a variety of crisp veggies (carrots, celery, radish slices are good choices). Sometimes we even place it next to hummus and Irish Pub cheese on our cheeseboard for a creative spread with crackers. It even tastes great with tortilla chips! Hello versatility.
WHAT SEASONINGS PAIR WELL WITH THIS RECIPE?
Finding the right spice blend is a very important factor when cooking with seafood. Kitchen Crafted’s Bayou Catch seasoning gives a cajun kick to this recipe thanks to its perfect blend of chilies, salt, garlic, and onion.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS DISH AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, of course! That’s one of the things that makes this party pleaser so easy. Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl, then place it in the refrigerator, covered, for up to a day in advance. When you’re ready to serve, simply transfer to a baking dish and cook as directed. Please note, you will need to add a few extra minutes to the cook time since the mixture is a little cooler from being in the refrigerator.
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp. Kitchen Crafted Bayou Catch BLND®
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 12 oz. Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 10 oz. Frozen Chopped Spinach, defrosted & squeezed dry
- 8 oz. Lump Crab Meat
- 1 cup Gruyere
- 1½ cups Monterey Jack, divided
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Chives, garnish
- Baguette & Veggies for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix all dip ingredients in a large bowl. Only mix-in 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese and use the remaining as a topping.
- Transfer dip to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler for 3 - 4 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble and brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh chives and optional parmesan.
- Serve with desired dippers and enjoy!
NOTES ON HOT CRAB DIP:
- If making this in advance, simply mix all dip ingredients together in a large container, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- The parmesan cheese is completely optional, so if you don’t have any on hand it’s not a big deal. This ingredient just adds a touch of salty, nutty flavor. If you’re a Worchestire fan, a dash goes well with this recipe as well.
- Fresh Italian Parsley is a nice garnish if you’d rather use this in place of the chives.
- If you’re a big crab fan, you can add up to 16 ounces to this recipe.
OTHER PARTY APPS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
This post is sponsored in partnership with Kitchen Crafted. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Just in time for your holiday feasts, all BLND’s are BOGO at Harris Teeter. Go ahead and pick some up and give them a follow on Instagram for more recipe inspiration.
Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: