This party crackers recipe is an easy snack that’ll have your guests begging for more! Bursting with flavor, simply serve on a tray and watch ’em disappear.
Who knew that a plain ‘ol saltine cracker could transform into one of the most addicting things you’ve ever had?! Salty, spicy, seasoned just right… they’ll steal the spotlight at any gathering. They’re a delicious everyday item to have on hand as well. My family inhales these party crackers when served with tomato soup, sweet potato chili, pimento cheese or bacon jam. Poof, gone.
Want to blow your mind? Try dunking these bad boys into my tangy Alabama White Sauce. Oooooh my.
The best thing about this recipe is how incredibly easy it is to make.
I’m talking foolproof, friends. All you’ll need is an airtight container with a lid and a little patience. Simply mix seasonings with olive oil in a small bowl. Then line up the saltine crackers inside the container on their sides (like pictured below). Next you’ll pour the seasoned oil over each cracker and pop the lid on. Every five minutes or so, flip the container over so each cracker gets coated with that delicious sauce. Continue to flip for about an hour… and that’s it! No baking, no crazy clean-up… just unbelievably addicting party crackers.
Feel free to substitute with other crackers if you’d like to explore your options. We’ve made these with whole wheat wafers and buttery rounds… both tasted phenomenal. It’s also a good idea to make more than you think you’ll need. Trust me, they’ll be the first item that disappears from your party’s snack table. Go ahead and double the recipe when prepping for a crowd. You (and your guests) will thank me later. 😉
- 1 Tbsp. Kitchen Crafted Ride 'Em Gaucho BLND
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- 2 sleeves of Unsalted Saltine Crackers
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Mix together first five ingredients in a small bowl.
- Line all crackers on their sides inside a container that has a lid. Depending on your container size, you may need two.
- Pour seasoned oil over each cracker row and put on the lid. Let sit for five minutes and then flip the container over.
- Repeat flipping every five minutes for an hour.
- Lay crackers out flat and sprinkle them with kosher salt, to taste. Alternatively, you can add the salt to the oil mixture before pouring over the crackers or use salted crackers. Both ways work! I usually add about a ½ tsp. salt when using unsalted crackers. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Kitchen Crafted. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Just in time for your Thanksgiving feasts, all BLND’s are BOGO at Harris Teeter. Go ahead and pick some up (I LOVE the Ride ‘Em Gaucho on turkey as well) and give them a follow on Instagram.
Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: