This Korean Chicken recipe is one of the easiest, most flavorful meals you’ll make in under 20 minutes. It tastes better than takeout, seriously. It’s a regular on our weekly menu (and once you try it, this recipe will be on yours too!).
I’m a huge fan of fusion cuisine. Perhaps it’s because I don’t want to see anything wasted in my kitchen. Fusion is not only a fun play on flavors, but it allows you to get creative with what you already have on hand. Like most families, we eat a ton of chicken during the week. It’s healthy, easy to prep and (mostly) kid-approved. I came up with this recipe by using a little of this, little of that… and stumbled upon an epic combination.
To be honest, I’ll usually make a enormous batch of this over the weekend so we can enjoy it throughout the upcoming week. There’s no need to eat the same entree over and over again… below are a few ideas of what to create with this recipe.
Serving Suggestions for Korean Chicken:
- Lettuce Wraps: Simply spoon inside butter, iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves.
- Rice Bowls: Serve over white, brown, or cauliflower rice.
- Tacos: We love mixing this recipe into classic Mexican fare. Hello fusion! If you like the sound of this, check out my Kimchi Cheeseburger Tacos!
- Sandwiches: Pile high with fresh veggies for a yummy spin on the classic Banh Mi Sandwich. You can also sprinkle the meat with cheese and pop them into the oven for a few minutes and serve the sandwich as a melt.
- Omelets: We often do Korean Chicken + Feta + Fresh Basil. My husband likes to add mushrooms, too!
- Soups: I can’t wait to make a version of my Taco Tortilla Soup with this recipe!
When serving as lettuce wraps (pictured here), I’ll often make a spicy Greek yogurt dipping sauce.
Simply put, it’s Greek Yogurt + Sriracha + Lime Juice. If you prefer a richer version, swap the Greek yogurt with mayonnaise and add a clove of minced garlic. Ahem… hello deliciousness! Along with the meat, I also add cauliflower rice, fresh jalapeño slices, red onion, and cilantro for the win! Serve with lime wedges and you’re good to go.
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Chicken
- 3 tbsp. Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 tbsp. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- ¼ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Kimchi, chopped
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1 tsp. Sesame Seeds, optional for garnish
- Fresh Cilantro, as needed for garnish
- Sauté red onion with olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once softened, add ground chicken and continue to sauté until fully cooked and crumbled.
- Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic and kimchi. Continue to cook until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Serve with fresh cilantro.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
PIN THIS FOR LATER: