This French Onion Chicken Salad is the perfect addition to any gathering. It’s super easy to make and tastes great on sandwiches, served with veggies, or on it’s own with a spoon!
Thank you Heluva Good! for sponsoring this post. Per the usual, all opinions are 100% my own and I would never promote a product that I didn’t enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
It’s mid-nineties here in Charlotte, so we’ve been spending a decent amount of time at the lake. It’s seriously one of my favorite summer rituals. From mouth-watering snacks to buoyant water toys, we’ve got an incredible set-up down on our dock.
No lake party is complete without dip, so my friends and I always have some on hand in our refrigerator.
We’ve become a little obsessed with Heluva Good! dips, as they make entertaining (and snacking) easy and pair well with all our favorite dippables. Heck, we even dunk our chicken wings in the Jalapeño Cheddar. It’s that awesome. We also love Heluva Good!’s water float, as it sits two people and has enough room for all our glorious munchies.
Sun and splashes go hand-and-hand with a hearty appetite, so I try to pack a healthy and fulfilling lunch for us all to enjoy. One handed snacks are ideal, this way we can eat with one hand and splash around with the other. I’ll often create a board full of crunchy veggies, juicy fruits, and savory chips for this reason alone. Add in a couple of dips and we’re good to go!
For protein, I like to make a big batch of chicken salad.
It’s such a flexible picnic staple, as you can serve it up on a croissant, on top of lettuce wraps, or even stuffed into mini bell peppers! I love the traditional blend of celery and grapes in this recipe, but you can mix-in whatever ingredients you prefer. As a total game changer, I recently started using Heluva Good! dips in place of mayonnaise. Hello flavor town! You can find these rich and creamy dips in the dairy aisle of your neighborhood market, and they’ve got seven flavors to choose from! My personal favorites are French Onion, Buttermilk Ranch, and Bacon Horseradish.
- 3 Chicken Breasts, cooked & shredded
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- ½ cup red grapes, sliced in half
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¾ cup Heluva Good! French Onion Dip
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Spicy Brown Mustard
- Salt + Pepper, to taste (about ¼ tsp. Each)
- Croissants, Bread, Lettuce Leaves or Veggies to serve with
- Place shredded chicken, celery, grapes, and slivered almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix Heluva Good! Dip, lemon juice, and spicy brown mustard in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the dip mixture to the large mixing bowl and gently toss until everything is coated.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to a day in advance.
If you’re looking for more backyard party food, you might also like:
PIN THIS FOR LATER: