When it comes to the most addicting burger sauce on the planet, In-N-Out has mastered the recipe. It’s tangy, savory, perfect with fries and tastes awesome!
The “secret” is out… and I’m totally here for it. Growing up in California, this restaurant chain was a staple in my fast food adventures. Gimme all the Animal Style Fries and no one gets hurt. 😉
Since moving to North Carolina, I’ve only had the opportunity to indulge in this magnificent sauce twice. Once when we flew back for my sister-in-law’s wedding in 2017 and a second when I visited San Francisco for the Winter Fancy Food Show earlier this year.
Update: I’ve perfected my Copycat In-N-Out Double-Doubles and they’re glorious.
WATCH MY LATEST VIDEOS:
It’s crazy how four simple ingredients, combined, can be so extraordinary. They’re everyday items… I’m pretty confident you already have them all on hand. Mayonnaise, ketchup, chopped dill pickles and white wine vinegar. Poof, that’s it! Some folks like to add a smidge of sugar, but I honestly find that it doesn’t need it.
HOW TO MAKE IN-N-OUT BURGER SAUCE:
This recipe is as easy as chop, mix together and enjoy. The sauce will keep in the fridge for up to five days, but trust me… it never lasts that long. We love it on burgers, with potato wedges, on top of meatloaf, drizzled on grilled chicken, and even spread onto sandwiches. All-in-all, a great condiment to keep on hand.
WANT MORE HOMEMADE SAUCES?
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp. Ketchup
- ¼ cup Chopped Dill Pickles
- 2 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together to combine. Enjoy immediately.
- Store leftovers, covered and refrigerated, for up to 5 days.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I’ve tested this recipe with both sweet pickle relish and chopped dill pickles. I honestly prefer the dill version, but go ahead and try the sweet pickle relish if that’s what you fancy. I’d reduce the amount to 4 tbsp. if you decide to go the sweet route.
- Since moving to the east coast, I’ve become a huge fan of Duke’s Mayonnaise. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly encourage you to. If you’re on the west coast, you’ll need to order it on Amazon. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Fun Fact: I used to live in Hollywood right down the street from In-N-Out on Sunset Blvd. It’s right across the street from Hollywood High and we’d go skateboarding there every day. This is where my serious obsession started.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: