This whipped feta dip is so, incredibly versatile. It can be enjoyed as a dip with toast, slathered on sandwiches or served with grilled meats and veggies!
My entire family absolutely loves Greek Yogurt. We go through at least two big containers each week. Not only is it great with sweet elements like honey and chocolate, but it also makes the perfect base for this tangy, citrus, feta cheese masterpiece.
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED FETA DIP:
This recipe couldn’t be any easier to make. All you’ll need is a food processor along with a few ingredients from your fridge and pantry. It’s so dreamy… fluffy, creamy, completely and utterly addicting. In all honesty, if you’re gonna do anything with feta cheese, you should whip it. Whip it good. 😉
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Place the whipped feta in a bowl and swirl with Pistachio Pesto (<– SO GOOD).
- Enjoy with toast, chips, veggies… whatever your little heart desires.
I’m no liar… wasn’t that crazy easy?
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEO:
WHIPPED FETA DIP VARIATIONS:
I like to keep mine light and tangy, but if you’re in the mood for a little umph, the below items are great substitutions!
SAVORY WAYS TO SERVE:
- Substitute half (or all) the Greek Yogurt with whipped cream cheese.
- Add a dollop of mayonnaise to the food processor with the other ingredients. It will give the dip a richer taste that goes well with sandwiches.
- Don’t have Greek yogurt on hand? Sour cream will do the trick, too!
- Serve with roasted tomatoes in place of the pesto. Heck, serve with both! The more the merrier.
- Enjoy this as a dip for these Veggie Packed Lavash Wraps (video above).
THE SWEETER SIDE:
- Skip the pesto, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Add dried lavender to the food processor before pulsing. Serve with a drizzle of honey and crushed pistachios on top.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 lb. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Pistachio Pesto
- Toasted Bread, Chips or Vegetables for serving
- Place feta, Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest and black pepper in the food processor.
- Pulse until desired consistency. Add more Greek Yogurt if you'd prefer a thinner dip.
- Pour dip into a serving bowl and swirl with pistachio pesto. Enjoy immediately with desired dippers (Or with a spoon! No judgement here!)
NOTES ON WHIPPED FETA DIP:
- If I’m opting for a different version of this dip with no pesto, I like to add a minced garlic clove to the food processor before pulsing. I think it gives the dip that little extra oomph of flavor.
- If you don’t have a food processor on hand, I’ve also made this in a blender. Just make sure to scrap down the sides a few times and it’ll turn out great!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: