When it comes to entertaining, I’m all about quick and easy recipes to feed a crowd. This black bean salsa is so flavorful and delish. We love it with tacos, burritos, haystacks, salads, and more!
I’m always making a different variation of salsa to keep in our fridge for the week ahead. It adds a ton of freshness and flavor to so many meals! I’ve got oodles of recipes that utilize salsa for breakfast, lunch, snack time, and dinner. We love it so much… it never goes to waste! When you want to make your own, make sure to check out my Super Authentic Restaurant Style Salsa, Unbelievably Refreshing Strawberry Mango Pico de Gallo, Easy Sheet Pan Roasted Corn Salsa, or this Creamy Tomatillo Salsa Verde with Avocado.
INGREDIENTS FOR BLACK BEAN SALSA:
This recipe comes together so quickly, and it’s totally easy to make! Seriously, place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss together. That’s it! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Grape Tomatoes
- Black Beans
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Agave Nectar
- Salt + Pepper + Paprika
- Lime Juice
- Tortilla Chips (for serving)
I like to make my own tortilla chips (blog coming on that soon) but you can also use store bought. Pictured here are corn tortilla chips that I made, but if your looking to make your own flour tortilla chips I have directions in this blog post (in the notes section underneath the recipe card).
It’s always fun to check out the different variety of tortillas during my weekly shopping trip at Earth Fare. A few brands that I always stock up on are La Tortilla Factory, Vista Hermosa, and Mi Rancho. I’m just smitten with all the high-quality products they carry (plus, I’m always discovering something new!).
REASONS I LOVE THIS DISH:
- Contrary to black bean salsas you buy at the grocery store, this one is packed with fresh ingredients and is a lot more similar to a scoopable pico de gallo or salad than the traditional purée salsa. I honestly could pile this on top of chips and call it dinner.
- It’s a colorful and flavorful addition to guacamole! I simply pile a few spoonfuls on top of my already prepped guacamole for pretty presentation. Plus, it makes it look fancy. 😉
- There are endless possibilities on how you can make this your own (or use up what you have on hand… you know I never like things to go to waste!). Sometimes we’ll add corn kernels, green chilies, swap the red onion for shallots, sprinkle in shredded cheddar, or add chunks of avocado right before serving. If you decide to get creative, let me know what you make in the comments below! I can’t wait to try them!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY:
- 1 clamshell Grape Tomatoes, sliced into small chunks
- 15.5 oz. can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Jalapeño, deseeded and minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- ½ Small Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- ½ tsp. Agave Nectar
- ½ tsp. EACH Salt, Pepper, Paprika
- ½ cup Chopped Cilantro
- Juice of ½ Lime
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Alternatively you a use an orange or yellow bell pepper instead of the red if that’s what you have on hand. Green will work as well, but won’t have the same sweetness as the other colors.
- If you don’t have fresh tomatoes available, go ahead and grab a can of diced tomatoes and drain them well before mixing with the other ingredients.
- This will make between 3 – 4 cups, depending on the size of your grape tomatoes and bell pepper. Once mixed, the salsa will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Note: If you decide to add avocado, this will only keep the day of.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: