This BLT Flatbread recipe is fully loaded with our velvety white garlic pizza sauce, crisp bacon, melty mozzarella and colorful produce!
I love me some quick and easy dinner recipes. Whether it be a warm bowl of chili, my fully loaded Mediterranean fries or a creative spin on bruschetta… I’m fully on-board with them all.
I’ve been using pre-made flatbread and naan crusts from the grocery store for years. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan a good pizza dough recipe. However, sometimes I like to take a few shortcuts to save on time.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE GARLIC PIZZA SAUCE:
Another thing I’ve been doing for years is making a batch of this white garlic pizza sauce. I keep a jar in my fridge quite often and slather it onto sandwiches, mix it into pasta and obviously on pizza! It’s pretty simple to whip up, and it’s only made with five ingredients! All you’ll need is:
- Heavy Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Minced Garlic Cloves or Garlic Powder
All you need to do is heat up the heavy cream, butter and cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted together, add the parmesan, garlic and simmer for 15 minutes. You can use the sauce right away or allow it to cool and then store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 4 days.
BLT FLATBREAD TOPPINGS:
- BACON: BLT Sandwiches are one of my favorites, so why not revamp those ingredients into a pizza?
- LETTUCE: I often go for romaine, but whatever lettuce you prefer most works in this recipe.
- TOMATO: I like the little pops of cherry tomatoes on these flatbreads. I place them on AFTER cooking, as I’ve found them to get too watery when I cook them with the crust.
- AVOCADO: Technically, by adding this ingredient you’re now making a BLAT. It’s a totally optional, but highly recommended topping.
- FRESH HERBS: Herbs make everything better. Try fresh oregano, basil or a sprinkle of parsley.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Barbecue BLT Flatbreads (what inspired this recipe!)
Supreme Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
Mexican Pizza (Taco Bell Copycat)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Butter (1/2 stick)
- 3 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced OR ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 8 slices of Bacon, cooked & chopped
- 4 Pre-made Flatbread Pizza Crusts
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 cup halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Romaine Lettuce
- Avocado, chopped
- Fresh Herbs, as needed
- Place bacon on a wire rack that's fitting into a baking sheet. Bake at 325F for 20 - 25 minutes, until browned.
- While the bacon cooks, make the pizza sauce. Whisk together the heavy cream, butter and cream cheese over medium heat until cream cheese has melted. Then fold in the parmesan, garlic and simmer for 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Turn oven up to 350F. Place flatbreads on a lined baking sheet and spread evenly with white garlic pizza sauce. Top with fresh mozzarella and pop the flatbreads in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browning. Prepare fresh produce while the flatbreads cook.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I love the taste and texture of fresh mozzarella, so that’s what I often use if I have it on hand. However, any melting cheese will work in this recipe.
- The way I serve these flatbreads were inspired by a restaurant I used to visit with my family in California. The crust, sauce and cheese are served warm. Then it’s topped with crisp produce. Warm, chewy crust served with cool veggies make for an epic combo.
- I used a Stonefire Flatbread in this recipe, but you can also try Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan for a yummy twist.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply