With a few pantry staples and a baking sheet, this Mexican Pizza goes from oven to table in a matter of minutes. It’s time-crunch tested and toddler approved! Let’s get this fiesta started.
I just love meals like this one… it’s the ultimate quick dinner recipe.
There are days that low and slow just isn’t possible in my kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good dutch oven recipe. However, there are times (more often than not) that I simply cannot plan ahead and I need dinner on the table in a hurry.
Make-at-home pizza is one of my favorite meals. The whole family digs right in, and I typically have all the ingredients I need on hand. We try to get creative with our crust (because who carries fresh dough at all times?), so tonight’s pick was flour tortillas.
These Mexican Pizzas can easily be customized to your family’s flavor preference (or pantry ingredients). We’ve used black instead of refried, mozzarella in place of Mexican blend and even created our own fusion feast by adding mini pepperoni slices. I’m serious when I say that this recipe is extremely versatile.
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- ½ cup Refried Beans
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
- ½ cup Enchilada Sauce
- 1 medium Tomato, diced
- Green Onions, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Fresh Jalapeño, diced (optional)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.
- Heat refried beans until warmed, set aside.
- Place two tortillas on baking sheet and spread with ¼ cup refried beans each. Sprinkle with a little Mexican Cheese.
- Place second tortilla over beans and cheese and spread with Enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: I like to place the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Remove from oven, top with tomatoes and green onions. If desired, add fresh cilantro, jalapeños and hot sauce. Enjoy immediately.
- Note: I like to make these handheld size by cutting them in four slices with a pizza cuter.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER: