Is there anything more satisfying than a bowl full of loaded french fries? Perfect for game day, backyard cookouts and everything in-between!
Let’s talking about making appetizers into full meals. I’m a sucker when it comes to any type of potato… but taking them over-the-top with a mound of toppings might be one of my favorite things, ever. So many textures, all the different flavors, what’s not to love?
OTHER POTATO RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
We’re all in this together, working from home has been ________ (amazingly fantastic, really hard, super boring… constantly eating?). Go ahead and fill-in-the-blank. No judgements here. I personally have been daily dressed in yoga pants and my favorite band t-shirts. Not the most glamorous, but comfortable. No Doubt ( 😉 see what I did there?).
So, to satisfy my mid-day cravings… I decided to smother some French fries with all the things that are good in life.
I had some roasted red pepper sauce on hand, whipped feta, ripe tomatoes, creamy chickpeas, crunchy romaine, briney capers and fresh Italian parsley. Umm… swoon!!! If you wanted to be food-friend’s-forever you could also top this with grilled chicken chunks, pepperoncini’s, cucumbers or kalamata olives and tag me on Instagram! I love seeing your creations.
The roasted red pepper sauce is really what inspired this dish.
I had some leftover in the refrigerator and I immediately thought… Loaded French Fries! I’m a firm believer of using what I have on hand, I just so magically had all these ingredients already in my possession! Don’t you love it when that happens? Now if I could only get that winning lotto ticket lined up, I’d be all set. 😉
- 1 Bag of French Fries
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, as needed (on blog)
- Whipped Feta, as needed (on blog)
- 1 Roma Tomato, seeded & chopped
- ¼ cup Drained Chickpeas
- ½ cup Diced Romaine Lettuce
- 2 tbsp. Drained Capers
- Chopped Italian Parsley, as needed
- Feta Cheese, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, optional garnish
- Cook the fries according to their packaged directions, usually between 18 - 25 minutes.
- While the fries are cooking, make a batch of the roasted red pepper sauce and whipped feta. Chop the tomato, drain the chickpeas, dice the romaine lettuce, drain the capers and chop the Italian parsley.
- When the fries are done cooking, go ahead and place them on a large serving platter and top with the remaining ingredients listed. Optional but recommended: Squeeze lemon juice over the finished dish before consuming. Enjoy immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I used extra crispy crinkle cut fries in this recipe, but it would also be delicious with wedges, restaurant-style or sweet potato fries!
- I don’t have a measurement next to the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Whipped Feta because that’s really up to you. If you like super saucy, pile it on. Want to test it out first? Serve them on the side for dipping! It’s your call.
- Want to take this to the next level? Try air-frying your chickpeas! Makes them crunchy and super flavorful!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: