Please the masses with this keto friendly appetizer! Roasted chunks of cauliflower are pureed to perfection with garlic, sour cream, cheese and bacon. Yum!
When it comes to game day fare, I like to provide a variety of items on the table for all different lifestyles. A few of my girlfriends swear by Keto, so I thought I’d make a dish that would appeal to their appetites. Other football fare that’s popular around here are my Monte Cristo Sliders, Reuben Waffle Fries and Parmesan Air Fryer Fried Pickles (also Keto Friendly).
Every gathering is in need of a fantastic dip, period.
This Cauliflower Bacon variety will make all of your guests swoon. I promise you that. Whether you’re a Keto enthusiast or just plain-out love appetizers, there’s something extremely addicting in this warm, creamy, salty, tangy recipe with all the frills.
HOW TO MAKE KETO FRIENDLY CAULIFLOWER BACON DIP:
I love the deeper flavor that roasted cauliflower adds to this recipe, so first you’ll start by doing that. Next you’ll puree the veggies with garlic, sour cream, grated cheese and bacon. Pour that awesomeness into a baking dish and cover with a few additional sprinkles of cheese. Bake the entire dish for about 20 – 25 minutes and voila… serve it with desired toppings and dipping vessels. Wasn’t that stupid-proof, crazy easy?
OTHER DIPS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEOS:
CAN YOU MAKE KETO FRIENDLY DIPS IN A SLOW COOKER?
Absolutely! Simply follow directions through step 4. Then, spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray and pour in the mixture, making sure to spread it evenly. Cover and cook on high for 1.5 hours (or on low for roughly 3 hours). Garnish and serve straight from the slow cooker or transfer to a serving dish.
- 1-pound cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups freshly grated cheese + a sprinkle for topping
- 4 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
- ¼ cup That’s Tasty fresh chives, chopped + garnish
- Optional: 1 tbsp. red onion, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt and pepper together and then pour evenly onto a large baking sheet. Roast until golden, turning halfway through, for about 25 minutes.
- Allow roasted cauliflower to cool to room temperature (Optional: Using a clean dish towel, squeeze any excess water out of the cauliflower. This will give you a thicker dip).
- Place cauliflower in the food processor and pulse together with the garlic, sour cream, 2 cups grated cheese, crumbled bacon and ¼ cup chopped chives.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the cheese is starting to brown and the inside is warmed.
- Serve with your desired dipping companions and enjoy immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Keto Friendly Veggies: I personally recommend serving this with zucchini, broccoli, mini bell peppers, carrot chips, asparagus, cauliflower and celery. You can also place some tortilla chips on the side for non-keto munchers.
- We love mixing up the blends of cheese in this recipe. Like your appetizers with a bit of a kick? Use one cup of cheddar alongside one cup of pepper jack.
- Add a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce for extra zing.
This recipe and all photography was developed exclusively for That’s Tasty. If you’d like to learn more about my recipe development for food and beverage brands, please check out my Recipe Development and Photography tabs for more details. Want to work together? Shoot me an email!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: