Perfectly tender and crisp, these Air Fryer Green Bean Fries make for the best side dish or snack. Quick to cook, easy to prep and totally guilt-free!
I absolutely LOVE my air fryer. It’s the most used on-the-counter appliance I’ve ever purchased… I honestly use it on the daily. If you want to try more air fryer recipes, make sure to check out my Crunchy Chickpeas, Parmesan Fried Pickles, Easy Potato Wedges and Succulent Chicken Wings!
Whipping up a batch of these bad boys could not be easier. They come together in a matter of minutes and cook in less than 10! Talk about convenient. You can keep them simple and mix them with a little garlic powder and salt, or you can get crazy and create a fabulous seasoning of your own! 😉
How To Make Air Fryer Green Bean Fries:
- Rinse and fully dry the beans. Making sure they are dry is important, as it’ll help them stay crispy (no one wants a soggy bean, right?). Cut off any funny looking edges and set the prepared beans aside.
- Mix up your seasoning. For today’s recipe I used a shake of my Sweet Heat Dry Rub (don’t judge my baby blogging skills) along with a few dashes of toasted sesame oil. The end result was so dreamy, to say the least.
- Set the beans in an air fryer that’s set to 400F. Cook them for five minutes on one side, toss, and cook for another 4 – 5 minutes on the other. BOOM… done.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce! I love these with both my Alabama White Sauce and In-N-Out Burger Sauce.
- 1 lb. Fresh Green Beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Sweet Heat Dry Rub
- Cut, wash and dry the green beans and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and toss the green beans together with the Sweet Heat Dry Rub.
- Place green beans in a single-layer inside a 400F air fryer. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4 - 5 minutes. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook in batches.
- Remove and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Don’t own an air fryer? No problem (though, I do recommend the Instant Pot Vortex). You can bake these bad boys as well. Follow steps 1 & 2 and then place them on aa parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake them on 350F for about 15 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Want to make these into a meal? Try serving them alongside my Java Braised Pot Roast with Cream Cheese, Caramelized Onion & Cheddar Mashed Potatoes.
- I love the taste of sesame oil with this recipe. If you don’t have any on hand, you can easily substitute with olive oil.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: