Step up your home cooking game with these Reuben Waffle Fries! Requires minimal effort, ingredients or time. Incredibly delicious, incredibly easy to make. #winning
Ok, let’s talk about this appetizer-lovers dream for a minute. Jam-packed and piled high with savory corned beef, tangy sauerkraut, ooey-gooey Swiss cheese and finished with a drizzle of Smokehouse Secret Sauce. Hello, gorgeous.
SO EASY, YOUR KIDS COULD MAKE IT:
First, you’ll start with a bag of frozen waffle fries. Why waffle? They’re the perfect vessel for all those glorious toppings! Could you make this with regular French fries? Of course! Heck, you could even substitute with tots. Any tater will work as the base.
Bake the fries according to their packaged directions and then pour them into an oven-proof skillet. Next, you’ll top them with chunks of corned beef. I get mine from the grocery store’s deli section. Ask them to slice it super thin, and then cut the slices into smaller pieces at home.
I absolutely love the combination of sauerkraut and corned beef. They’re the perfect match and complement each other so well. You can use regular sauerkraut or Bavarian style (which is basically sauerkraut with caraway seeds).
Before popping these bad boys back in the oven, top the entire skillet with Swiss cheese. Swiss is my choice of cheese for this recipe. It’s slightly sweet, somewhat nutty. Honestly though, you can use whatever cheese you enjoy most. Sliced or shredded! 🙂
These will only need a few minutes in the oven until they’re ready to devour. I put mine in at 450F for 3 minutes and they were good to go!
Hidden Valley Ranch’s Smokehouse Secret Sauce takes these Reuben Waffle Fries to the next level.
Drizzle the entire skillet and sprinkle with chives. Serve more secret sauce on the side for your dipping pleasure. Trust me, you’ll want to smother every bite with this stuff. So delightful.
- 1 (22 oz.) bag of Waffle Fries
- ½ lb. Corned Beef, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Sauerkraut, drained
- 7 slices Swiss Cheese
- Hidden Valley Smokehouse Secret Sauce, as needed
- Chives, optional garnish
- Cook fries in the oven according the packaged directions.
- Place fries in an oven-proof skillet and top with corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese.
- Set skillet in a 450F oven for a couple minutes until cheese has melted.
- Drizzle with Hidden Valley Smokehouse Secret Sauce and sprinkle with chives. Enjoy immediately.
MORE LOADED WAFFLE FRIES OPTIONS:
- COWBOY: Pulled Pork + Sautéed Bell Peppers + Pepper Jack Cheese + Smokehouse Secret Sauce + Cilantro
- ITALIAN: Sun-dried Tomatoes + Mozzarella + Pepperoni + Smokehouse Secret Sauce + Basil
- VEGGIE LOVERS: Black Beans + Sautéed Mushrooms + Provolone + Smokehouse Secret Sauce + Avocado
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
This post is sponsored by Hidden Valley Ranch and FoodBeast. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com! #HVRLove #foodbeast