BLT Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for any party. Silky noodles tossed with bacon, veggies and herbs will create a combo that everyone will swoon for. Seriously, watch it quickly disappear (and be prepared to give out the recipe).
I love a good pasta salad, it’s definitely my go-to side dish at backyard barbecues or family gatherings. They’re a great way to use up leftover veggies you have on hand (and are totally customizable!).
HOW DO YOU MAKE BLT PASTA SALAD?
It honestly couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is chop up your vegetables and cook the bacon while the pasta is boiling. Next you’ll combine the drained pasta and other ingredients in a large bowl and then toss with your desired dressing.
CAN YOU MAKE BLT PASTA SALAD IN ADVANCE?
You certainly can! Simply prep everything ahead of time and store separately in the refrigerator until you’re ready to toss them together and serve. To avoid sticky pasta, toss it in a little olive oil before storing in the refrigerator.
WHAT IS THE BEST DRESSING FOR THIS?
I personally love a mix of fresh herbs and olive oil, as it’s light and refreshing. My kids prefer ranch dressing, which is obviously a big winner with picky eaters. I’ve even made this before with my Almond Pesto… and it was a huge hit.
ARE THERE BLT PASTA SALAD VARIATIONS?
I’m a firm believer of using what’s on hand, so don’t be afraid to add your own twist to this recipe! A few ingredients I’ve added in the past include chopped chicken, cooked shrimp, boiled eggs, black olives, broccoli, cucumbers, and bell peppers.
DO YOU HAVE OTHER PASTA SALADS YOU RECOMMEND?
I absolutely love this pasta salad made with Sun-dried Tomato Purée. So much so that I even made it on live TV. If you’re trying to watch your carb intake, you could alternatively use zucchini or sweet potato noodles in place of the pasta. I did that with this recipe and it turned out great.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 lb. Pasta Noodles (any shape works)
- 1 cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 Small Clamshell Cherry Tomatoes (about 2 cups), halved
- ⅓ cup Chopped Red Onion
- 3 cups Coarsely Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 12 Slices of Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ cup Olive Oil, as needed (or preferred dressing)
- Salt + Black Pepper, to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional), to taste
- Boil pasta in water according to packaged directions for al dente.
- While the pasta a boils, chop all vegetables and cook the bacon.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Place pasta in a large mixing bowl and toss with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- If you’re not a raw onion fan, no problem! Simply sauté before adding to the salad. Heck, sauté the tomatoes too, that would be tasty.
- Don’t have romaine on hand? That’s ok, any lettuce works here. I’d say iceberg or green leaf are good substitutions.
- Please note: If you are adding extra ingredients into the salad (extra protein, veggies, etc), make sure to adjust your dressing amount so everything still gets coated.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: