This Chicken Cobb Salad takes everything you love about the classic American dish and gives it an autumn twist. Enjoy it as a side or serve as a main dish!
If you’re looking for a protein-packed lunch or dinner, you really can’t go wrong with a hearty salad. With so many options to choose from, there’s no reason you should settle for “just a salad”. Keep yourself energized, and satisfied, throughout the day with our recipe below. Just watch how easy it is to throw together!
This recipe and all photography was developed exclusively for That’s Tasty Pure Organic Flavor. If you’d like to learn more about my recipe development for food and beverage brands, please check out my Recipe Development tab for more details. For additional tips and notes on this delicious sheet pan pie, please click here for the blog that I wrote for That’s Tasty.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Dutch Oven Pozole Verde with Chicken
Easy Crockpot Tomato Basil Soup
Pickle Juice Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 6 cups chopped Greens (Romaine, Arugula, Spinach)
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins, cooked & chopped
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced in half
- 1 Sweet Potato, sliced & roasted
- 1 Apple, cored & cut into cubes
- 4 ribs diced Celery (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup Roasted Pecan Halves
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- ¾ cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 3 tbsp. Bacon Drippings
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from 2 Lemons
- 2 tbsp. That’s Tasty Fresh Organic Dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp. Minced Red Onion
- Squeeze of That’s Tasty Organic Garlic Purée (about 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar, to taste
- If prepping in advance: Grill chicken, cook bacon, boil the eggs, and roast the sweet potato. Place each ingredient in a sealable container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. You can also cut the apple and celery in advance as well. *See notes below.
- When you’re ready to serve, place the lettuce on a large serving platter and garnish with remaining salad ingredients.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Cover with the lid and shake vigorously to blend. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the salad and serve immediately. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator for later use.
- To roast the sweet potato: Simply cut the sweet potato into small cubes and toss with 1 tbsp. Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 425F for 25 – 30 minutes. Make sure to flip halfway through.
- If you’d like to chop the apple ahead of time, toss it with the juice of one lemon to prevent browning.
- When creating your own dressing, it may separate over time. But don’t fret… just shake it up again and it’ll be like new. Please remember that oils may harden in the refrigerator (and that’s ok!). To thaw, just set the dressing out on the counter for 10-15 minutes before shaking up again.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
I really enjoy your blog, and this cobb salad recipe looks delicious.
Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much for your kind words, Dana! This recipe is super fun… I hope you enjoy it! 🙂