Raise your broom if you love a good margarita on the rocks! This cocktail is the perfect addition to all your spooky October festivities.
Looking for a ghoulishly wicked cocktail to serve during your creepy Halloween gathering? These bad boys will be sure to make an impression! Serve them alongside some tasty appetizers and you’ve got yourself a BOO-zy good time.
INGREDIENTS FOR A SPOOKY MARGARITA ON THE ROCKS:
I absolutely love a perfectly sour, not too sweet margarita. This time around, I decided to spike it with KÖE’s Lemon Lime Kombucha… and oh my, what a treat it turned out to be. For this recipe you’ll need the following:
- Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt
- Silver Tequila
- Triple Sec
- Lemon Lime Kombucha
- Lime Slices
- Green, Red and Blue Food Coloring (to make it festive)
MARGARITA TID BITS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
WHAT DOES MARGARITA MEAN? In Spanish, it means “daisy”. How perfect. Daisies are my favorite flower.
WHEN IS NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY? February 22nd… however, I’m going to be a rebel and celebrate with them during the fall.
WHERE DID MARGARITAS ORIGINATE? Mexico! I’ve always been fascinated with De Los Muertos (The Day of the Dead) which falls on November 1st… the morning after Halloween.
WHAT TO SERVE THESE WITH:
- 2 tbsp. Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt
- 4 oz. Silver Tequila
- 2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 can Köe Lemon Lime Kombucha
- Red, Blue and Green Food Coloring, as needed
- Lime Slices, for garnish
- Rim two glasses with a lime slice and dip them into the black lava sea salt.
- Add a drop of each food coloring into two glasses and then divide the tequila, triple sec, and kombucha and stir.
- Fill with ice, garnish with lime slices and enjoy.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- The food coloring is completely optional, I just used it to make this festive. The drink will taste the same with or without the food coloring.
- The same goes for the salted rim. If you only have regular kosher or course salt, that works too!
- If you’re making a large batch in a pitcher, be sure to serve the ice on the side so it doesn’t dilute the cocktail as it sits.
This post is sponsored by KÖE Organic Kombucha. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS RECIPE: