There’s lots of fun varieties of Ground Chicken Meatballs, but I’d have to say this pizza version is one of my favs. Savory, cheesy, delish!
We eat chicken at least 5 times a week in our household… so I have plenty of recipes to choose from if you’re seeking a new way to serve it! Comfort food lovers will fall head over heels for my Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Mushroom Gravy. If you’re wanting to utilize your air fryer, this Crispy Katsu Chicken is a fusion favorite! When craving a hearty noodle meal, you’ve got to try my Creamy Mushroom Ramen with Brown Butter Chicken.
PIZZA INSPIRED GROUND CHICKEN MEATBALLS:
These little puppies are perfect for meal prep, weeknight dinner, or served with marinara as a game day appetizer! They’re seriously so versatile! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ground Chicken
- Pepperoni Slices
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Fennel Seeds
- Grated Parmesan
- Provolone Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
This recipe will make around 15 two-inch round meatballs. You can certainly double the recipe if you’re serving a crowd. I add fennel seeds to this recipe to give it that “sausage” flavor. However, I’ve also mixed 1 lb. of ground sausage into this recipe (when I’m doubling it) and it tastes just as yummy. Per the usual, have fun in the kitchen and play around with the ingredients! This here is my base recipe and I’m excited to share it with you!
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY:
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 15 Pepperoni Slices, chopped
- ½ cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Fennel Seeds
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Grated Parmesan
- 6 Provolone Slices, cut into squares
- Marinara Sauce, for dipping
- Grab a large baking sheet (and line with parchment paper if preferred). Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Add all ingredients, except for the provolone and marinara, to a large bowl. Mix together until combined.
- Form the chicken pizza mixture into 2-inch round meatballs and then stuff each one with your desired amount of cheese, making sure to seal the meatball back together before placing on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Pull back out and top each meatball with a small slice of cheese. Continue baking for another 8 - 10 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden.
- Serve marinara or your favorite pizza dipping sauce.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I used a leaner ground chicken (98% fat free), so that’s why I added the olive oil. If you use regular ground chicken, turkey or even ground beef… you can probably skip the olive oil. I only use it so the meatballs don’t stick to the baking sheet.
- I mixed my ground chicken with pepperoni slices and fennel seeds, but feel free to mix-in your favorites! Sautéed mushrooms, sliced olives, minced onions or pepper… whatever your little heart desires.
- I only had sliced provolone on hand, so that’s what I used. However, go ahead and use whatever you enjoy most! Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Havarti, Cheddar, etc.