It’s my favorite season… FALL!! Out comes the halloween decor and soups galore! This chicken coconut curry will be a fam fav, I promise!
I’ve recently become part of the culinary team at Springer Mountain Farms. I’ve always been smitten with their products for a while now… so it’s the perfect fit to be showcasing recipes for them! This recipe features their breaded chicken breast chunks, which are seriously my favorite protein to cook on busy weeknights. We add them to soups, pasta, and eat them on their own with some of our favorite dipping sauces.
WATCH ME MAKE THIS ON THE GRAM!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
THE BASE FOR THE SOUP:
- Instant Ramen
- Peanut Oil
- Crimini or Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Red Curry Paste
- Lemongrass Paste
- Garlic Cloves
- Freshly Grated Ginger
- Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Chicken Stock
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Chunks
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Green Onions
- Black Sesame Seeds
If you’re a fan of heat, I sometimes add chopped Calabrian peppers to this recipe. You can find them next to the Italian section at your local grocer. They’re seriously one of my favorites! Sriracha also works well for those spicy lovers!
Goodbye Summer, hello cooler weather!
Here’s some other recipes you might enjoy during my favorite season of the year.
Italian Sausage Pasta with Brown Butter and Herbs
Crispy Cheesy Dill Pickle Chips
Witches Brew Margaritas on the Rocks
Seriously The Best French Onion Soup Recipe
Dutch Oven Pozole Verde with Chicken
Caramel Apple Tarts with Sweet Potato Shortbread Crust
VIEW ALL RECIPES BY CLICKING HERE!
- 3 (3 oz.) packages of Instant Ramen, flavor packs discarded
- 2 tbsp. Peanut Oil
- 8 oz. Cremini or Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 3 tbsp. Red Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp. Lemongrass Paste
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Freshly Grated Ginger
- 14 oz. Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 16 Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Chunks
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, cut in half
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro, as needed for garnish
- 4 Green Onions, white and green parts sliced
- 1 tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- Cook the ramen according to packaged directions for al dente.
- Saute the mushrooms and shallots in a large stock pot with peanut oil. Once softened, add red curry paste, lemongrass paste, minced garlic cloves, and grated ginger. Saute for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add veggie stock and coconut milk. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot for the brown bits. Simmer for 10 minutes, and add lime juice at the end.
- While simmering, cook the chicken chunks and chop the produce for serving.
- Once simmered and ready, separate into four bowls and top with chicken chunks, hard boiled eggs, cilantro, green onions, and black sesame seeds.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- The mushrooms aren’t mandatory, but they sure are delicious! Feel free to mark this your own by skipping them, adding sautéed squash, or your favorite veggie!
- I prefer hard boiled eggs, but if you’re looking for the traditional soft boiled go for it! I usually recommend 6-minute eggs for soup.
- I recommend full fat coconut milk in this recipe, as it makes it rich in flavor and silky smooth. Make sure to add the lime juice though, as it gives this a zing of freshness.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Springer Mountain Farms. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
Leave a Reply