This delicious apple crisp recipe is a surefire fall recipe that your family will love. This dish will satisfy all your comfort food cravings and beyond.
I absolutely love the combo of a buttery crust that’s topped with warm apples and crispy oats. Don’t you? Honestly, any dessert that pairs well with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream makes me swoon every time. Added drool factor: we’re drizzling salted caramel sauce all over the top.
Is it just me… or does some candied bacon sound amazing with this combination? I’m going to try that next time around for sure.
Want to know one of the best things about this recipe?
I love how easy this dessert is to make. Typically, the hardest part about prepping ingredients for a crisp is peeling and slicing the apples. However, I’ve got a solution for this! I used my Ninja Kitchen Food Processor to thinly slice three large apples in less than a minute. WHAT? It’s true. Try it for yourself, I promise you’ll be impressed.
Feel free to use your favorite type of apples in this recipe.
A few good options for sweeter varieties are Fuji (which is what I used), Honeycrisp and Gala. If you’re looking for a tart twist, go ahead and use one Granny Smith apple with two sweeter apples.
Don’t let the long ingredient list intimidate you.
This dessert is roughly 10 ingredients that are used in three separate steps. Seriously, that’s it. I bet it’s safe to say you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry already as well.
- ½ cup Salted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ⅛ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Glean Sweet Potato Goodness Flour
- 3 Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Salted Butter, cold and cubed
- Simple Salted Caramel Sauce, for drizzling (on the blog)
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang so you can easily pull everything out after it bakes. Set aside.
- To make the crust: Whisk the melted butter, sugar, vanilla and salt together in a mixing bowl. Add the flours and stir until crumbly and combined. Press evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, make the apple filling. Peel & core three apples. Using the Ninja Kitchen Food Processor, utilize the slicing blade to thinly slice your apples. In a large bowl, mix the sliced apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour together so the apples are evenly coated.
- After the filling is prepped, you'll need to make the oatmeal streusel. Combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour together in a large bowl. Cut the chilled butter into small cubes and mix into oatmeal blend.
- Remove the shortbread crust from the oven and crank it up to 350F. Evenly layer crust with apples and then sprinkle with oatmeal streusel. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the streusel is golden.
- After everything is done baking, remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into smaller servings. I suggest cutting them into 12 squares.
- Once cut, drizzle them with warm salted caramel sauce and serve on its own or with ice cream. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
My goodness… check out these layers!
Do you need a napkin to wipe the drool off your face? Because I do.
This dessert gets a savory sweet potato kick from Glean’s all-natural flours.
For each pound of product purchased, Glean will donate a pound of product to those struggling with poverty, hunger and malnutrition. Read more about their amazing products here.
THIS AMAZING RECIPE WAS CREATED IN SPONSORSHIP WITH NINJA KITCHEN AND GLEAN FLOURS. ALL OPINIONS ARE 100% MY OWN.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
This looks so delicious, I can’t wait to make it when my in-laws visit. I’ve never tried sweet potato flour, sound so interesting!
Thank you Sarah! It was super fun to make and disappeared from our fridge within the first day! I hope you and your in-laws love it as much as my family did!
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought
this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly
you are going to a famous blogger if you are not
already 😉 Cheers!
Thanks Leon! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Olde hickory tap room
Appreciate this post. Let mee try it out.
Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us
so I came to check it out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this
to my followers! Outstanding blog and outstanding style and design.
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing with your audience! 🙂