Add some green to your plate with these delicious Roasted Brussels Sprouts! Ring in the new year with a healthy side dish that the whole family will love.
Cheers to 2019, friends! What are some of your goals for the upcoming year? I have a few things I’m aiming to accomplish… and one of them is to get our toddler on board with eating veggies.
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts are downright incredible.
With a touch of brown sugar and a slight kick from the whole grain mustard, these little gems will please even the pickiest of eaters. You’ll end up popping them into your mouth one after another (… and another, then another), I swear.
To start, cut the Brussels sprouts in half and remove any damaged leaves from the exterior. Place the halves in a large bowl and set aside. Next, finely chop half of a small sweet white onion. The onion is completely optional but I think it gives this dish a flavor enhancement. Toss it into the Brussels sprouts bowl once chopped.
In a small bowl, mix together some grain mustard, brown sugar and extra virgin olive oil. Next you’ll pour the brown sugar-mustard mixture over the Brussels sprouts and mix all elements together until well combined. Add a pinch of salt, to taste, and pop those bad boys onto a lined baking sheet. Roast at 375F for approximately 25 minutes, or until just browning and the Brussels are tender. Poof, done.
Want to upgrade these veggies into a jaw-dropping, mouth-watering, totally addicting bowl of awesome?
After they’re done cooking, toss them with my Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans. The pecans are incredibly easy to make and have a subtle kick of habanero. When paired together with the Brussels sprouts, they turn this recipe into a party-in-your-mouth, “I can’t get enough”, kind of side dish. Not kidding.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts cut in half
- ½ small Sweet White Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Old-Style Grain Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt (to taste)
- ½ cup Sweet & Spicy Pecans (on blog)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Prepare Brussels sprouts and white onion and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine mustard, brown sugar and olive oil in a small mixing bowl and then pour over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, to taste, and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until just browning and the Brussels are tender.
- Mix-in Sweet & Spicy Pecans and serve immediately.
- Other flavorful add-ins include: crispy bacon, crumbled feta or goat cheese and/or chopped apples.
- To make a full meal, we love serving these with grilled chicken and a side salad.
- Our little guy loves a slight kick of spiciness. However, if you’re not a fan of heat go ahead and skip the hot sauce when making my Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: