This Cilantro Lemon Dressing adds an herbal punch to salads, sandwiches, pastas and beyond. It’s the ideal condiment to have on hand for all seasons.
There’s something incredibly refreshing about a well designed salad. Perhaps it’s the mix of veggies, fresh fruits, crunchy lettuce and creamy dressing that makes me swoon. When done correctly, a salad can encompass the perfect balance of flavors, textures and overall nutritional value.
HOW TO USE OUR CILANTRO LEMON DRESSING:
- In a salad with fresh veggies (duh). Pictured above e is romaine with bacon, tomatoes, avocado and chicken.
- Toss it with cooked pasta and add diced cherry tomatoes, feta, grilled chicken and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Use it as a spread for the ultimate sandwich.
- Utilize it as a dipping condiment for fresh veggies or chips.
- 1 bunch of Cilantro (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Honey
- S + P to taste
- Place everyone in the food processer and pulse for a couple minutes or until desired consistency.
MIX THINGS UP:
I love that this recipe is naturally soy, gluten and nut-free. If you’re looking for a dairy-free alternative, go ahead and omit the Greek yogurt. When you make this without Greek yogurt, it serves as a fabulous marinade for steak, chicken and fish.
When you’re craving something with a nutty kick, add a handful of sliced almonds or pecans before blending. It gives a rich flavor and consistency similar to pesto (this tastes fantastic on pasta).
WATCH OUR STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO:
The thing I love about making our own dressings at home is the fact that you’re in complete control of the ingredients.
Making your own dressing is super easy to do, so don’t be intimidated. There’s no artificial coloring or flavors, and you can customize it to your family’s taste preferences. A good salad dressing goes a looooong way. The fresh herbal notes from the cilantro, citrus punch from the lemon and the creaminess from the Greek yogurt is simply incredible. My family seriously can’t get enough.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Ooh yum! I love homemade dressing!
Homemade dressings are my favorite! This one is bright and flavorful, adds a good punch to so many salad combinations! I know you’ll love it.