Happy Fry-day!! (I gotta throw in a corny joke in here somewhere!) One thing I love about the weekend is testing out new recipes. These baked parsnip fries are so simple to make and absolutely decadent! The perfect mate for your burger!
- 5-6 Parsnips, depending on size
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- Olive Oil
- S + P to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Meanwhile, wash & peel your Parsnips, then slice them into thin strips. After slicing, pat them dry (this will result in a crispier Parsnip Fry).
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the Parsnips, Garlic, Shallot, and a drizzle of Olive oil until mixed thoroughly.
- Spread a single layer of your Parsnip mix in a lined, oiled baking sheet. Season with S + P.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway in between. This should give you a golden, crunchy crust and soft center to each fry. If you would like your fries browner, roast for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Fresh Parsley and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.