Cheers to a new season with this refreshingly sweet Watermelon Vodka Cocktail. Spiked with bubbly kombucha, this sipper can’t be beat!
The last couple of evenings has been absolutely breathtaking weather here in North Carolina. It’s the perfect time to sit on the porch, cocktail in hand, and enjoy an outdoor happy hour. Want something to much on while enjoying your drink? Go ahead and nosh on my Authentic Restaurant Style Salsa with chips or my Perfectly Crunchy Party Mix!
WATERMELON VODKA COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS:
Continue enjoying the essence of summer with just 5 ingredients. You can serve this in individual batches or make larger portions in a pitcher for your next friendly gathering.
- WATERMELON JUICE: You can make your own watermelon juice at home by blending some watermelon pieces on high and straining the juice through a cheesecloth. Grocery stores conveniently sell freshly squeezed watermelon juice by the bottle as well. Both work for this recipe, so that’s completely up to you.
- TRIPLE SEC: This is an orange flavored liqueur that pairs really nicely with the watermelon juice.
- VODKA: I chose to use vodka in this recipe, but rum would also be a tasty option.
- LIMES: The juice of a lime + the lime reel garnishes create a vibrant pop of citrus.
- KÖE Watermelon Kombucha: Bubbly, refreshing and the perfect finish. You can find their entire line of kombucha on Amazon for purchase.
ITEMS YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
If you’re making your own watermelon juice, you will need a blender and a mesh strainer. You will also need two highball glasses and a double jigger. This cocktail is pretty easy to make, it comes together in just a matter of minutes.
OTHER COCKTAILS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- ½ lb. Seedless Watermelon Cubes or 1 cup Watermelon Juice
- 3 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Triple Sec
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 can KÖE Watermelon Kombucha
- If you're making your own watermelon juice, add cubed watermelon to the blender and pulse until liquefied. Then, strain the juice through a fine mesh sieve. She should give you about 1 cup of juice.
- Shake together the watermelon juice, vodka, triple sec, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Evenly strain in two cocktail glasses over ice and top with KÖE Watermelon Kombucha.
- Garnish with mint and a lime wedge. Serve immediately and enjoy.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Make sure to buy seedless watermelon or remove the black seeds before blending. The soft white seeds are fine, don’t worry about removing those.
- I’ve made this with both vodka and rum, both are delicious options. I’ve also tried this with clear tequila, but I preferred the vodka or rum instead.
- If you’re making a larger batch for a pitcher, make sure to serve the ice on the side so it doesn’t melt and dilute the cocktail.
This post is sponsored by KÖE Organic Kombucha. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS RECIPE: