This refreshing Paloma Cocktail recipe is a tequila-based drink made from fresh lime and grapefruit juices with a splash of bubbly spiked seltzer. Garnished with a chili-lime salted edge and Fresno chilies, this spicy Mexican cocktail is something you’ll want to sip on all summer long.
A week after I graduated college, a few of my girlfriends and I took a week-long trip to sunny Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It was here where I had my first taste of this classic south-of-the-border elixir. Similar to a margarita, this drink has many spin-offs, which are equally as fun (and delicious) as the original.
Paloma Cocktail Variations:
Ya’ll know I’m a HUGE fan when it comes to fusion. Don’t be afraid to use up what you already have on hand!
- Get creative with your bubbly! In today’s recipe we are mixing-in Brizo’s Craft Spiked Ginger Lime Seltzer by NoDa Brewing.
- Swap the traditional tequila for mezcal! Also hailing from the agave plant, this smokier spirit is a delicious substitution.
- Not a fan of heat? Use herbs! I personally love the subtle bite a slice of jalapeño or Fresno chili pepper adds to this cocktail. However, you could alternatively add a few mint leaves for a cooling effect and ditch the peppers all together.
These are awesome when served poolside with some light snacks.
Did your mind automatically jump to chips and salsa? It’s the perfect side dish for any occasion…. I mean, who doesn’t love chips and salsa? Try making my Strawberry Mango Pico de Gallo or Easy Sheet Pan Roasted Corn Salsa the next time you’re splashing around out on your deck.
If you’re looking for something more filling, these pair nicely with my Dutch Oven Pozole with Chicken, Chorizo Tacos stuffed with Quinoa and Sweet Potatoes, or Mexican Pizzas.
- 2 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Chili Lime Seasoning Blend
- 2 oz. Tequila
- ½ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 2 oz. Brizo's Ginger Lime Spiked Seltzer
- Grapefruit wedge, for serving
- Lime wheel, for serving
- Fresno Chili Pepper Rings, for serving (optional)
- Place all ingredients for the chili-lime salt in a small mixing bowl. Mix together with a fork until well combined. Pour mixture onto a plate for dipping the glass.
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and submerge the edge of the glass into the chili-lime salt. Make sure to turn to coat all sides.
- Fill the prepared glass with ice and pour in the tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice and spiked seltzer into a cocktail shaker. Gently stir and pour into the glass. Garnish with the grapefruit wedge, lime wheel and chili slices. Enjoy immediately!
NOTES ON THIS COCKTAIL RECIPE:
- I personally prefer Blanco tequila (or Silver) in my Paloma Cocktail, however you could also switch things up with Anejo or Reposado.
- I got my chili-lime seasoning blend from Trader Joe’s. Alternatively, you can use chili powder + a bit of lime zest.
- Traditionally this cocktail is served in a highball glass, but I served ours in rocks glasses because that’s what I drink most of my cocktails out of. Use whatever glass you enjoy most!
- Want to explore some more Brizo Spiked Seltzer cocktails? Try my Super Simple Salty Dog Spritzer, Raspberry Mojito Smash, or these super fun Moscow Mules.
This post is sponsored by Brizo Craft Spiked Seltzer and NoDa Brewing. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply