I recently visited San Diego for a friend’s wedding. I made this Roasted Potatoes Recipe out of what they had on hand and they were a hit!
Honestly, I could eat potatoes with every meal. They’re hearty, super versatile, and always taste comforting. Other tater recipes you might enjoy include my Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes, my Grandma’s Fully Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, and these Air Fryer Potato Wedges.
WATCH ME MAKE THIS ON THE GRAM!
LEMON CAPER ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE:
I was staying at my friend’s house this past weekend and I found out that 14 adults were arriving around lunchtime. So obviously I volunteered to make lunch so we could all hang and catch up. I didn’t have a car to go to the store, so I made a four-course meal out of whatever she had in her fridge / pantry. These potatoes here were one of the courses (and disappeared from the table in less than four minutes… so I made a second batch). Here’s what you’ll need:
- Browned Butter (or you can sub with Olive Oil)
- Gold Potatoes
- Fresh Lemon Juice
I’d like to say that this is my vegetarian spin on Chicken Piccata. Savory, tart, and incredibly satisfying. Serve these potatoes alongside grilled veggies, chicken, pasta, or simply enjoy on their own. Once you try these little gems, I promise you’ll be a happy camper.
MORE COMFORT FOODS YOU’LL LOVE:
Cheesy Buffalo Blue Lasagna Soup
One Pan Mexican Rice Casserole
Easy Weeknight Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Pan Fried Chimicurri Rice Cakes
Pasta Salad with Lemon Caper Sauce
VIEW ALL RECIPES BY CLICKING HERE!
- 5 Gold Potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ¼ cup Browned Butter (or Olive Oil)
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Drained Capers
- Extra Grated Parmesan, optional for garnish
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized chunks. Try to keep them all the same size so they roast evenly.
- Drizzle your sheet pan with browned butter or olive oil, spread evenly and then sprinkle with grated parmesan. Carefully place each potato on top of the oil / parm mixture. Laying flat. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once browned and crispy, mix the potatoes with salt, pepper, lemon juice, capers, and sprinkle with additional parmesan. Enjoy!
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Browned butter is one of my favorite “secret” ingredients. Everyone always comments… “what’s that nutty taste?”. Its seriously fantastic. If you don’t have time to brown your own butter, you an certainly use olive oil.
- How do you brown butter? Place unsalted butter over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and continue to stir until brown bits form. Boom, that’s it!
- While I like mixing the taters with lemon juice and capers after baking, it’s totally optional. Feel free to make these your own: garlic powder, cajun… or serve them with my White BBQ Sauce!
I made this roasted potatoes recipe while visiting one of my oldest friend’s in San Diego for her wedding. I made an Insta reel… you can watch it here. I love her so much and had a fantastic time.
They are amazing a new side dish for thanksgiving
Yaaaas… would love these alongside some roasted turkey!