Stir things up this season with my refreshing Salty Dog Spritzer! This thirst-quenching cocktail comes together with just four simple ingredients. Cheers to that!
I absolutely swoon over the combination of iconic gin and tangy grapefruit.
I’m a firm believer that the acidity in citrus pairs flawlessly with the natural flavors of this specific liquor. It’s a combo that’s oh-so-easy-peasy to make and oh-so-delicious to drink. Trust me, this Salty Dog Spritzer is going to be your go-to summer beverage.
THE BASICS FOR A SALTY DOG SPRITZER:
This mouth-watering cocktail comes together with Brizo Craft Spiked Seltzer, aromatic gin, and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Add a little salt or sugar to the rim and you’re ready to start sippin’!
- The main difference between a classic Salty Dog Cocktail and a Salty Dog Spritzer is Brizo Craft Spiked Seltzer. Brizo comes in three flavors and their grapefruit variety takes this cocktail to the next level.
- Make sure to choose a good quality gin that you enjoy. Not a gin person? Not a problem. You can easily substitute vodka in this recipe and your cocktail will turn out just as wonderful.
- For the freshest flavor, juice your own grapefruit. It takes little manpower and makes a huge difference.
Step things up a notch by trying a sugar-salt-lime combo for the rim.
I love a traditional salted rim. I do, really. But sometimes I need to jazz my cocktails up a bit. You know, to keep things interesting. I’m a huge fan of salty-sweet anything. Try it the next time you make this glass of bubbles, it tastes fantastic!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Lime Pinwheels, optional garnish
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- 3 ounces Gin
- 1 can Pink Grapefruit Brizo Craft Spiked Seltzer
- Salt or Sugar, for the rim
- Freshly Squeeze the juice of 1 grapefruit.
- Rim two glasses with grapefruit juice and then coat with coarse salt or sugar (or try my salt-sugar-lime recipe above). Add ice.
- Split the grapefruit juice between both glasses and then top with gin and Brizo Craft Spiked Seltzer.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Enjoy immediately.
If you enjoyed this Salty Dog Spritzer, you might also enjoy these Brizo Mules!
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEOS:
Catch us hanging out with James Beard Semifinalist, Gregory Collier! We’re making his family recipe for Hobo Stew and it’s amazing, ya’ll. See our full blog post here.
This delicious cocktail recipe is sponsored by Brizo Craft Spiked Seltzer, which is owned by NoDa Brewing. Per the usual, all opinions and content are 100% my own and I would never promote a product I don’t enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com! Please drink responsibly.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: