These beef pot roast sliders are legendary. Layers of java-braised beef topped with Pepper Jack cheese, smashed avocado and garlic mayo. Yum!
I have to say… I’m a HUGE fan of sandwiches, especially sliders. They’re super easy to make and there are so many different ways to pile on the goodies! A few of my favorites (in addition to these bad boys right here) include my Philly Cheesesteak Sliders, Brioche Monte Cristo’s and Mini Big Mac Sloppy Joe’s.
I recently made a batch of my Java Braised Dutch Oven Pot Roast for a cozy dinner. It’s a great recipe for colder December afternoons. The warm oven with savory smells throughout my house makes me an extremely happy person. How could it not?
You know what else puts a smile on my face? Velvety garlic-infused mayo, perfectly spicy Pepper Jack cheese and smashed avocado. I’ve never had a preference on mayo until we moved to North Carolina. One of my dear friends introduced me to the classic tomato sandwich on white bread with Dukes… and I’ve been hooked ever since. Then of course, the Pepper Jack cheese and Avocado were a staple from my childhood years in California. So really, these sliders are a nod to both my East and West Coast obsessions.
WHAT TAKES BEEF POT ROAST TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
Coffee! Pure Intentions Coffee’s Ventura blend, to be exact. I just love how all the magical things that come together while the coffee cooks down, caramelizes and flavors the meat with a bittersweet essence. It’s so dang delicious. Coffee and savory meats are the perfect match. I also really enjoy using their coffee with my Roasted Beet Salad. Holiday’s are happier with Pure Intentions!
OTHER BEEF RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Grandma June’s Super Easy Bierocks
The Best Lomo Saltado with BBQ Tri Tip
Classic Comfort Foods: Shepherd’s Pie
- 6 French Rolls, cut in half & toasted
- 3 cups Java Braised Dutch Oven Pot Roast, warmed
- 2 Avocado's, smashed
- Juice of ½ Lime, optional
- 3 Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (juice from ½ lemon)
- Salt + Black Pepper, to taste
- Place leftover pot roast in a covered saucepan over medium-high heat until, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for the garlic mayo and set aside.
- Smash avocado with lime juice (optional) and add salt + pepper to taste.
- To assemble the sliders, simply slather the top half of the toasted bun with garlic mayo and the bottom half with smashed avocado. Layer with pot roast and a half slice of Pepper Jack cheese in the middle. Enjoy immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- The lime juice keeps the avocado from browning. It also adds a nice little layer of tang. It’s a completely optional ingredient but I highly recommend it if you have some limes on hand.
- Want to add another layer of awesomeness? Caramelized onions are never a bad idea. There’s another spin-off to this recipe on my blog, these French Onion Soup Sliders are phenomenal!
- These tasty handhelds can be assembled on Toasted French Rolls, Hawaiian sliders or served as full-sized sandwiches with brioche or hamburger buns.
This post is written in partnership with Pure Intentions Coffee. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply