This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUSH’S® Beans. All opinions are 100% mine.
Loaded with beef, onions, bell peppers and kidney beans in a mild chili sauce, this homemade chili will handsdown be your go-to recipe! Quick and easy, too!
My family absolutely loves this bowl of comfort. It’s perfect served alongside cornbread casserole, bruschetta or these quick party crackers. Add all your favorite toppings and you’ve got yourself a soul-fulfilling meal.
HOW DOES THIS HOMEMADE CHILI COME TOGETHER SO QUICKLY?
I’m a big fan when it comes to making chili on the stovetop. It’s what my grandma used to do, and she’s passed that trait down along to my own style of cooking. Another trick she taught me to always use BUSH’S® Chili Beans. They come in a variety of flavor profiles, ranging from milder to more heat. They’re the best shortcut to perfectly flavored chili, I swear by them!
HOW TO COOK HOMEMADE CHILI:
- Sauté the ground beef, onions, bell pepper and then add minced garlic at the very end for 1 minute.
- Drain any fat (if you use 85% or 90% lean, you can usually skip this step)
- Add remaining ingredients and bring them to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to come together and BOOM… the chili is ready to enjoy.
Wasn’t that crazy easy? 😉
VARIATIONS TO CONSIDER:
MEAT: Any ground meat will work in this recipe, depending on your personal preference. Feel free to swap out the beef for ground chicken or turkey.
SPICE LEVEL: I used BUSH’S Kidney Beans in a Mild Chili Sauce, but they also make them in a spicier version. I add chopped chipotles in adobo to up the heat in this recipe, and I also add more spice in the end with sliced Serrano or fresh jalapeño peppers.
DAIRY: Add in a few dollops of cream cheese while simmering to make this a creamy chili. I do that with my Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili, and it’s fabulous.
SWEETNESS: I’m a big fan of savory chilis. If you like a touch of sweetness, go ahead and add a couple teaspoons of brown sugar to the pot.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Small Sweet White Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 16 oz. cans BUSH’S® Kidney Beans in Mild Chili Sauce
- 14.5 ounce can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounce can Tomato Paste
- 3 Chipotles in adobo, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- Sauté the ground beef over medium-high heat with the onion and bell pepper. Once browned, drain if necessary, and add minced garlic. Continue to sauté until fragrant, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, to let the flavors mingle, and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
TOPPINGS I SUGGEST FOR THIS RECIPE:
- You can’t have chili without ooey-gooey, melty cheese. I suggest shredding some up while the chili simmers and sprinkle on top before serving. A dollop of sour cream never hurts, either.
- Herbs bring a freshness to this recipe. I prefer cilantro, but go with whatever you enjoy eating the most.
- If you’re a fan of spicy goodness, slice up a few peppers and add them on top.
- The acidity in limes adds the perfect little zing. Serve them on the side for picky eaters.
This post is sponsored by BUSH’S® Beans. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
PIN THIS FOR LATER: