When it comes to at-home date night, nothing beats a perfectly cooked lemon chicken piccata with pasta and greens.
If you’ve been to my website before, you are well aware that I am smitten with my air fryer. We honestly use it every day… so why not make one of my favorite dishes in it?! Other air fryer favorites include Homemade Falafel Sandwiches, these Crispy Smashed Potatoes, and my Parmesan Fried Pickles.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE:
There’s two separate parts: first you’ll prep the chicken and pop them in the air fryer. While that cooks, you’ll cook the white wine sauce. Paired together, wowza… so good.
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts
- Black Pepper
- Finely Crushed Cornflakes
- Grated Parmesan
FOR THE WHITE WINE SAUCE:
- Salted Butter
- Garlic Cloves
- All-Purpose Flour
- Dry White Wine
- Chicken Broth
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Parsley
While you can use Italian or Panko breadcrumbs in this recipe, I prefer the texture and flavor of Cornflakes. That extra little touch of sweetness and oh-so-crunchy exterior tastes fantastic.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE CHICKEN PICCATA WITH?
The possibilities are endless! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Lemon Garlic Butter Noodles
- The Ultimate Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- Marry Me Parm Piccata Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Pasta Salad with Lemon Caper Sauce
- Zucchini Pasta with Peas, Herbs, and Burrata
- Air Fried Arancini Balls with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
- Homemade Anipasto Salad with Tangy Dressing
- Cream of Celery Soup
You could also serve this with a simple steamed rice (white or brown), a side salad, or sautéed spinach.
- 2 Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts, sliced in half
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Finely Crushed Cornflakes
- 3 tbsp. Grated Parmesan
- Cooking Spray, as needed
- ¼ cup Salted Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Dry White Wine
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Capers, drained
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Cut the chicken in half, lengthwise. Sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the eggs in a large bowl and set aside. Crush the cornflakes and mix together with the parmesan in a second bowl. Dip the chicken in the eggs and then the cornflakes - making sure to press down so they're coated well.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375F. Spray the interior of the air fryer or the chicken directly so it doesn't stick. Air fry for 6 - 8 minutes, turning over halfway if needed. Check to make sure the internal temp is 165F.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Melt butter in a sauté pan and then add the garlic. Continue to sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Next add the flour and whisk together with the butter until slightly browned.
- Pour over the white wine and chicken broth to deglaze. Then add the lemon juice and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes. Finish with the capers and pull off the heat.
- Plate the chicken with a heavy drizzle of the white wine sauce and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- This recipe utilizes about 1 pound of chicken breasts.
- I wrote this using my Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer. Times and temperatures may vary using other brands of air fryers. Just make sure to always test the temperature of your chicken for at least 165F before consuming.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can certainly make the chicken on the stove top. Simply add a little oil to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for a couple minutes on each side. Since the chicken is cut thinner, it won’t take as long to cook as a regular-sized chicken breast.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 1 – 2 days. Store the chicken and the sauce separately, otherwise the breading will get soggy. To reheat, place the chicken in the air fryer or oven on a wire rack. Heat the sauce in the microwave or over the stove top.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Springer Mountain Farms. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: