Making a hearty Breakfast Pizza Recipe is the ultimate way to start your day! Thick flour tortillas piled high with all the good stuff. YUM!
There’s something extra soul-satisfying about eating a delicious breakfast first thing in the morning. A perfectly cooked egg, crumbles of crunchy bacon, a heaping serving of cheese and fresh, aromatic herbs… is your mouth watering yet? Go ahead, shake up your morning routine with this fabulous feast! You won’t regret it.
TOPPING OPTIONS FOR THIS BREAKFAST PIZZA RECIPE:
I kept things sweet & simple for this blog post, but don’t be afraid to explore your different options. Per the usual, I encourage you to get creative! 😉
MEAT: I love good ‘ol salty bacon with my eggs, but other options include breakfast sausage, chunks of ham, Canadian bacon, ground beef or even Java-Braised Pot Roast.
VEGGIES: This is a great way to add more oomph to your plate. Try topping your pizza with sautéed mushrooms, leftover fingerling potatoes, jalapeños, onions, tomatoes, avocado, roasted broccoli, cilantro cauliflower rice or whatever your little heart desires. The more the merrier.
SAUCY: I’m a HUGE condiment person. Gimme them all. In addition to hot sauce, you could also try serving this with Alabama White Sauce, a drizzle of Pistachio Pesto or Aji Verde (Spicy Peruvian Green Sauce).
HOW TO MAKE A GRAND BREAKFAST PIZZA RECIPE:
First, I start with a couple of my homemade flour tortillas as the crust. They’re almost a cross between regular tortillas and a thicker naan bread… they work flawlessly in this recipe. Before I start piling on the toppings, I like to brush the crust with a little garlic butter. Trust me, this is a mouth-watering addition.
Next you’ll create a “wall of cheese” around the edges to keep the egg from running off the sides. If you’re adding extra veggies or meats, you can also place those around the edges. I like to shred my cheese on the finer side, I feel like it holds the egg in the middle better.
Go ahead and bake these in a 400F oven for 10 – 12 minuets and POOF, you’ve got yourself a breakfast masterpiece. I find that the eggs turn out over-medium right at 11 minutes. Add more or less time to your yolk preferences. To finish, sprinkle with your favorite toppings, herbs and you’re all set.
- 4 Strips Bacon
- 2 Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Garlic Butter, as needed
- 1 cup Finely Grated Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon according to your preferred method, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place tortillas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush the tops with garlic butter. Create a wall of cheese and crack the egg in the middle of each.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, or until the eggs are set to your desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy immediately with your favorite condiments.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Always add the fresh herbs AFTER the breakfast pizzas are done baking. The pop of freshness is a nice addition.
- You can use store-bought tortillas or naan bread if you prefer. I always opt for a thicker variety, as you need something a little sturdier to hold all the yummy toppings.
- Other breakfast and brunch recipes you might enjoy include my Jalapeño Popper Savory Oatmeal, Avocado Toasts, Chicken Wing Breakfast Chilaquiles, Eat The Rainbow Breakfast Bagels or Mediterranean Breakfast Bowls.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: