A well-executed Charcuterie Tray should be the centerpiece of all holiday parties. They are crazy-easy to put together and have something for every palate. This year, we are diving face first into dairy and gluten-free recipes for the holidays. In this post, we make a tray that appeals to everyone’s diet restrictions.
When making appetizers, I try not to overthink things.
We want something sweet, something salty and a few savory options. The wonderful thing about a charcuterie tray is that it encompasses all those things in one place.
Mandatory for me: A boatload of pickled veggies and tarts.
This is where Earthfare’s olive bar saves the day. Seriously. In this post we have mustard-grain olives, peppadews, Castelvetrano olives, spicy okra, and a jar of pickle chips. Pucker-up and enjoy that vinegar-bliss!
So How Can You Make A Charcuterie Tray That’s Gluten & Dairy Free? Or perhaps you’d like to do a vegan version?
I’ve got all your oooh’s-and-ahhh’s covered with the items listed below! Simply pick and choose what works best for you. I’ve noted a (v) for vegan and (gf) for gluten-free options as well.
I personally prefer to build my spread on a clean baking sheet. It’s the perfect size to move around the room and keeps everything in one place for easy clean up.
Here’s what you’ll need…
PROTEINS: choose 4-5 items
- Roasted Chickpeas (v, gf)
- Baked Tofu (v, here’s a list of gluten-free tofu brands)
- Sliced Salami (read labels to make sure it’s gluten-free)
- Hard Salami Sticks (read labels to make sure it’s gluten-free)
- Pepperoni (read labels to make sure it’s gluten-free)
- Prosciutto (gf)
- Smoked Salmon (gf)
CARBS: choose 2-4 items
- Against the Grain Baguette (may contain dairy, check labels, gf)
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed (v, gf)
- Rice or Lentil Crackers (v, gf)
- Schar Table Crackers (v, gf)
- Bagel or Pita Chips (v)
CHEESE ALTERNATIVES: choose at least 2 items
- Miyokos’s Cheese Wheel made from Plants (v, gf)
- Daiya Cheese Blocks – these come in cheddar, jack, gouda and havarti (v, gf)
- Kite Hill Cream Cheese Style Spreads – they offer plain, chive and jalapeño (v, gf)
FRUITS & NUTS: choose 2-3 items
- Sliced Apples (v, gf)
- Dried & Fresh Figs (v, gf)
- Grapes (v, gf)
- Assorted Berries (v, gf)
- Other Dried Fruits – Cranberries, Apricots, Pears (v, gf)
- Cherry Tomatoes (v, gf)
- Nuts – pecans, pistachios, almonds, macadamia (v, gf)
VEGGIES & OTHER OPTIONS: choose at least 3 items
- Bell Peppers (v, gf)
- Cucumbers (v, gf)
- Sliced Radishes (v, gf)
- Olives (v, gf)
- Pickles – we’re obsessed with Kyookz (v, gf)
- Peppadews – Click here for our stuffed Peppadews recipe (v, gf)
- Cornichons (v, gf)
- Jarred Artichokes (v, gf)
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers (v, gf)
CONDIMENTS & CHUTNEYS: choose 1-2 items
- Mustard – we’re obsessed with Maille Old Style Mustard (v, gf)
- Fruit Jams – we’re obsessed with Bonne Maman Fig Jam (v, gf)
- Bacon Marmalade
- Hot Pepper Jelly (v)
- Hot Sauces – we’re obsessed with Yellowbird Sauces (v, gf)
- Fresh Salsa (v, gf)
- Honey (v, gf)
All ingredients you see in these photos were provided in collaboration with Earthfare. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make sliceofjess.com a success. Oh, and Charlotte friends! Earthfare will be opening another store location in Steel Creek in the winter of 2019. Hooray!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: