This smoothie bowl recipe has everything you need to kickstart your morning. Full of antioxidants and vitamins, it’s the ultimate healthy option for breakfast or snack time. I highly considered calling this post “My Daily Breakfast Bowl Going Forward”, its that good.
My day’s start pretty early… I’m talking 4:30ish/5:00AM five days a week. Overnight Chia Pudding is my go-to for breakfast, as I am pretty famished come 6:00AM and I can simply pour some in a bowl, top it with fresh fruit and nuts, and bring it back with me to my office.
Yes… I eat at my desk quite often (Don’t most bloggers? Or am I the only one? 😉 ).
When it comes to superfoods, I pretty much buy everything in bulk from Amazon.
Chia Seeds and Hemp Hearts have a very long shelf life, so buying in bulk saves me a lot of money. The other day, I noticed that I had accidentally bought two five-pound-bags of Chia Seeds instead of one. Whoops. So I’ve been adding them to everything lately.
This smoothie bowl recipe the perfect breakfast or snack when you’re in a rush but wanting to eat something healthy and substantial.
Plus, everything tastes better when it’s pretty right? This dish is simply GORGEOUS. Creamy, nutrient-dense, and a great way to use up all those seasonal fruits. This particular recipe is dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free… so it’s the superstar of eating healthy.
- 1 cup Overnight Chia Pudding (see link below)
- A big handful of Red Grapes (about 1 cup)
- 2 small frozen Bananas
- ½ cup Frozen Mixed Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries)
- ¾ cup Coconut Water
- 2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 Kiwi, sliced
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 4 Cherries, split and seeds removed
- ¼ cup Raw Walnuts
- 2 tsp. Chia Seeds, optional garnish
- The night beforehand, make the Overnight Chia Pudding and set in the refrigerator.
- When you're ready to make your bowl, use a large blender (we use the Vitamix and love it) to whip together all of the smoothie ingredients.
- Divide the Chia Pudding between two bowls, top with smoothie and add desired toppings.
- Enjoy immediately.
- My Overnight Chia Pudding is a great post to checkout if you’re making this recipe.
- We use our Vitamix for smoothies and love it. For more blender inspiration, go to our Green Smoothie Bowls post!
Leave a Reply