Fueling up for the BIG GAME? Score a touchdown with these winning football snacks.
The gang’s all here… are you ready for some football?
- 16 oz. whole-milk Ricotta Cheese (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup loosely packed Pecorino Romano cheese (or you can use Parmesan)
- 1/4 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano Leaves
- Olive Oil (as needed)
- S+P to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Toasted Baguette slices, for serving
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix together the Ricotta, 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, Egg and Oregano in a medium size bowl. Add S+P to taste.
- Grease baking dish with Olive Oil.
- Transfer Cheese mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Pecorino Romano and Cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Red Pepper Flakes (optional); serve warm with Toasted Baguette slices.
Chipotle Garlic Aioli:
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, minced (about 1 tbsp, add more/less to your heat preference)
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, minced or puree in a blender
- S + P, to taste
- Ridged Potato Chips, for serving
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the dip in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve cold, with Potato Chips.
This dip also pairs nicely with Sandwiches and Wings.
Big Game Deviled Eggs:
- 12 hardboiled Eggs, cooled & peeled
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 3 slices of Bacon, Crumbled
- Chives, for garnish
- Smoked Paprika, for garnish
- S+P to taste
- Separate the Egg Yolks and Egg Whites. Set Egg Yolks in a large bowl and Egg Whites in the Refrigerator.
- Mash the Yolks using a fork or spoon. Add Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Mustard & Bacon and mix until well blended.
- Evenly fill each Egg White with the Yolk mixture. Sprinkle with Paprika, Chives, S + P and serve.
- A popular ingredient to add to this recipe is chopped Jalapeños (optional).
Helpful Hint: These can be made ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator for up to six hours before serving.
Touchdown Hot Spinach Dip:
- 16 oz. frozen chopped Spinach, thawed & drained
- 3 slices of Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated Colby Jack Cheese + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Torilla Chips, for serving
- In a stand-alone mixer, combine all ingredients above (except for the 1/4 Colby Jack topping & Tortilla Chips) in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients on low speed until well combined.
- Pour Spinach mixture in a greased baking dish and sprinkle with remaining Colby Jack Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 25 minutes. The Cheese should be brown and bubbling. Serve warm.
Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 25-30 Cremini Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Shallot, minced
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- 2 tbsp Butter
- S+P to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a medium-sized baking dish with Butter.
- Carefully break off the Mushroom’s Stems and wash thoroughly. Finely dice the Stems, Garlic and Shallot and mix together.
- Add the Mushroom mixture to a large skillet with 1 tbsp. of Butter. Sauté over medium heat until browned. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Clean the Mushroom Caps with a damp paper towel. Hollow out the center of each Mushroom Cap with a small spoon to make room for the stuffing. Place Mushroom Caps, hollow side up, in the buttered baking dish.
- Mix cooled Mushroom mixture with Cream Cheese, Pepper Jack Cheese and Parmesan. Add S + P to taste.
- Using a small spoon, divide the Cheese and Mushroom mixture among the Mushroom Caps.
- Bake Mushrooms for 20 minutes. Finalize by turning on the broiler for 2 minutes to make the tops crusty and brown.
Note: I also like to add crumbled Italian Sausage to the Cream Cheese Mixture. Simply cook Sausage to packaged directions and add at step 5.