If you haven’t hopped on board and tried Cauliflower Rice, NOW is the time to start!
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable with so many options! It can be used as a substitute for Rice, Mashed Potatoes, Pizza Crust, Quiche Crust, Hash Browns…. I could go on and on, but I will stop here.
This recipe really reminds me of my mother, who was from South America. She would make a similar Cilantro Rice as a dinner side on a weekly basis. I thought I would revamp her recipe with Cauliflower and hoped for the best. This is DELICIOUS! I honestly make it all the time. It’s super easy and both daddy and son love it just as much as I do. Enjoy!
- 3 cups Cauliflower crumbles (about 2 large heads Cauliflower)
- 1 bunch fresh Cilantro, stems removed
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Sweet Onions, minced
- ¼ cup Carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup Peas, frozen
- ¼ cup Coconut Water
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 3 sprigs Green Onions, diced
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- S + P to taste
- Coarsely chop the Cauliflower florets, until it looks like crumbles. Or you can pulse the florets in your food processor until chopped (not mashed).
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a large sauté pan. Toss in your Onions & Garlic and cook on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Put Cilantro in the food processor with ¼ cup of Coconut Water. Pulse until you create a thick liquid consistency. Set aside.
- Add Cauliflower, Carrots and Peas, then sauté for 15 minutes. Pour in cilantro mixture and sauté for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooked, mix in the Cumin and then S+P to taste. Sprinkle with Green Onions and serve immediately with lime wedges.