These baked Chicken Meatballs are so incredibly delicious. They taste great with potatoes, inside sandwiches, and are meal-prep friendly!
I’m a drizzle-all-the-good-stuff-on-top-type of gal, so you know I had to make a Garlic Lemon White Wine Sauce to pair with these fabulous meatballs! I absolutely love making my own sauces at home, they’re such an easy way to use things up that we already have on hand. These chicken meatballs would alternatively taste great with my Homemade Mushroom Gravy on top, served on the side of My Grandma June’s Fully Loaded Potato Casserole, or inside wraps with my Sun-Dried Tomato Mayo Spread!
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE:
I like to make the Lemon White Wine Sauce first because it will thicken as it cools. Sometimes I’ll make big batches ahead of time and mix with cooked pasta for a quick lunch with roasted veggies. While I love the extra tang we get from the lemon sauce, these meatballs also pair nicely with marinara, pesto, or my Almond Romesco with Sweet Basil.
LEMON WHITE WINE SAUCE:
- Garlic Cloves
- Lemon Juice
- White Wine
- Heavy Cream
- Salt + Pepper
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- Ground Chicken
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Yellow Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Dill
- Dried Oregano
- Drained Capers
- Italian Parsley
- Lemon Slices
The trifecta of feta, capers, and sun-dried tomatoes is immensely flavorful. You’ve got salty, briny, savory, tomato-y… just overall yummy-goodness.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THESE MEATBALLS:
- Everything comes together in one bowl.
- They’re lighter than traditional meatballs because we use ground chicken!
- They’re baked and brown to perfection straight outta the oven.
- Totally meal-prep friendly, they reheat marvelously.
- Make a double-batch, cuz they’re also freezer friendly!
- You could also shape these into patties and make chicken burgers!
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU’LL SWOON OVER:
We eat chicken at least 3 – 4 times per week, so I’ve got oodles of recipes for you to choose from!
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- ½ cup White Wine
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ cup Minced Yellow Onion
- ½ cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- ¼ cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, minced
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- ¼ cup Drained Capers
- 2 tbsp. Minced Italian Parsley + more for garnish
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Lemon Slices, as garnish
- TO MAKE THE WHITE WINE SAUCE: Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high and add the minced garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add the lemon juice and white wine. Continue to simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream, salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
- FOR THE MEATBALLS: Preheat the oven to 400F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (except for the lemon slices for garnish) and mix with your hands until throughly combined. Roll into 15 meatballs and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- TO SERVE: Plate with your favorite side dish, and drizzle with as much of the white wine sauce as you'd like. Sprinkle with additional parsley and serve with fresh lemon slices.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Feel free to swap the ground chicken for ground turkey if that’s what you have on hand or prefer.
- These can easily be made gluten-free by using GF breadcrumbs instead of Panko.
- Store any leftover meatballs in an airtight container, refrigerated, and consume within 3 days. To freeze, allow the meatballs to cool completely and store in a freezer safe bag. To reheat from fresh or frozen, simply microwave until heated through.