Whenever I have extra almonds on hand, this romesco sauce recipe is a guaranteed plan for meal prep! Super flavorful and easy to make.
What is romesco, you ask? It’s a simple sauce made of red peppers, nuts, garlic, and olive oil. It originates in Spain and was created to be eaten with fish. I personally love it with chicken, veggies, or served on it’s own as a dipping sauce with crackers. Other scratch-made sauces you might enjoy include my South American Parsley and Cilantro Chimichurri, this 10-minute Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce, and my Tangy Alabama White Sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS ROMESCO SAUCE RECIPE:
This recipe is pretty simple, and comes together within a matter of minutes. All you need are the ingredients below and a food processor.
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Roasted Almonds
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Sherry Vinegar
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
The basil is completely optional, but I love the flavor it adds to this recipe. Fresh herbs are always a grand idea, in my opinion. I add some sort of variety to just about every recipe I make!
WHAT TO SERVE ROMESCO SAUCE WITH:
I’m a firm believer that this recipe can be used in a plethora of ways. Ran out of pasta sauce? Boom, use this instead. It will be just as delicious. Need to ramp up your sandwich game? This sauce is your new best friend. Other ideas include tacos, burgers, pizza, with meatballs, or even add a dollop to creamy soups! Oh, and we LOVE it with crispy smashed potatoes and potato wedges!
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL BE SMITTEN OVER:
Air Fryer Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Shallots
Southwestern Stuffed Pasta Shells
Cobb Salad Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Air Fried Arancini Balls with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
VIEW ALL MY RECIPES BY CLICKING HERE!
- 12 oz. Jar Roasted Red Peppers, drained
- ⅓ cup Roasted Almonds
- 4 Oil-Packed Sun Dried Tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 5 - 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until blended. Season to taste with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Traditionally, Romesco will include a slice of crusty bread. I didn’t have any on hand, so I skipped this ingredient. If you’d like to add it, I’d add one toasted bread slice to this recipe before blending in the food processor.
- This sauce can be made ahead of time and should be kept refrigerated until you’re ready to use it. I’d suggest using within 5 days.
- Like I mentioned above, basil is optional. Other herbs I like to utilize include oregano, Italian parsley or dill. Dill is especially delicious if you’re serving this with seafood.
Leave a Reply