I learned how to make Mexican Street Corn from a friend’s dad. He taught me many recipes and I revamped this one into an egg salad.
I’ve been working with the North Carolina Egg Association on a few recipe videos. This particular recipe is perfect for spring gatherings and pairs wonderfully with tortilla chips for dippin’.
Other egg-tastic recipes you’ll want to check out include my Grated Egg Biscuits for breakfast, these Miso-Spiked Egg Salad Sandwiches for lunch, or my Eggs in Purgatory Skillet for a fun spin on dinner.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
I love egg salad. I honestly can eat it any time of day. It’s great on toast, with chips, crackers, or served traditionally on sandwiches. As a born-and-raised California gal, we always noshed on Mexican food. So this creative spin on a classic is right up my alley.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Greek Yogurt
- Lime Juice
- Tex-Mex Seasoning
- Corn Kernels
- Jalapeño Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Green Onions
- Queso Blanco
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and are super versatile. We eat them at home quite often, and I honestly have so much fun making up different dishes for us to try. I started my blog with this Sweet Potato Jalapeno Hash with Eggs… please don’t judge my baby blogging / photography skills 😉 – but my very first blog post proves my fondness of this particular ingredient.
I actually started my website as a way to share recipes I’d make for my friends and family back in California. We bought a house North Carolina in 2014 and I’d get texts asking about particular dishes I had previously brought to gatherings. I was a full-time corporate accountant at the time, never even imagining that cooking / blogging would become my passion and career. I don’t mean to be mushy, but thanks for being here. 🙂
MORE EGG RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY:
- 8 Hard-Boiled Eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Tex-Mex Seasoning
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 cup Corn Kernels (thawed or lightly cooked)
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup diced Red Pepper
- Green Onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ½ cup queso blanco
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Combine eggs, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, Tex-Mex seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in corn kernels, jalapeño, red pepper, green onions and 2 tbsp cilantro. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle queso blanco and remaining cilantro over dip; serve with tortilla chips.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Sometimes I’ll cook my eggs just until they’re slightly “jammy”. You can do this by placing the eggs in boiling water with salt, turning off the heat, and covering for 6 minutes. I find that the softer yolk adds to the dressing.
- Light or regular mayonnaise work in this recipe. I personally prefer Duke’s, but use whichever you enjoy most.
- I thaw frozen corn kernels in a small bowl with water. It takes about ten minutes. Drain, and they’re ready to use.
This post was created in partnership with the NC Egg Association, NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission, and the NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!