Learn how to toast coconut flakes in the oven! Enjoy these tasty gems in yogurt, swirl into banana bread, or eat them straight from the baking sheet!
I must admit, I haven’t always been a fan of coconut. That is, until I tried it toasted. Now, it’s one of my favorite ingredients to have on hand. It’s absolutely marvelous when sprinkled on top of vanilla ice cream… try it, I know you’ll love it.
Toasting the coconut brings out this lovely nuttiness that’s unbelievably delicious. There’s a delicate melody of sweet verses savory going on, and I’m totally here for it.
HOW TO TOAST COCONUT FLAKES:
I’m sure there are a few different ways when it comes to toasting coconut flakes, but the oven is definitely my go-to method. Simply line your baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinkle on the coconut flakes, and bake!
That’s it. Now wasn’t that crazy-easy?
Another reason I probably gravitate towards the oven method is the fact that clean-up takes less than a minute. I’m all about saving time in my kitchen, so if there’s less pots and pans for me to clean I’m all for it.
The most important part about toasting coconut at home is keeping your eye on it closely. Your baking session will typically take between 8 – 15 minutes, so make sure you’re tossing them often and do not walk away from your oven. It’s not a difficult task, you just need to pay attention until things get nice and toasty.
- 2 cups Coconut Flakes (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on to a baking sheet in a thin layer.
- Bake between 8 - 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes to ensure even toasting.
IDEAS FOR ENJOYING TOASTED COCONUT
- Add to your favorite Banana Bread Recipe
- Sprinkle on top of Smoothie Bowls
- Decorate Chocolate Bark (video below)
- Place in a small bowl and include them on Cheese & Charcuterie Boards
- Roll up some No Bake Blueberry-Thyme Energy Bites
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEOS
PIN THIS FOR LATER: