If you’ve never made a spaghetti sandwich with your leftovers, you’re truly missing out. It’s the ultimate recipe to revamp what’s on hand.
You know how you usually have bread along with your spaghetti and meatballs? Welp, this combines everything into one little handheld slider… perfect for snacking, game day, or served with a side salad for dinner! I chose to make this quick and easy, so I used frozen meatballs. However, if you want to make your own – my Truff Meatballs are AMAZING. These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs or Cheese Stuffed Pizza Meatballs would also be a fun twist!
WATCH ME MAKE IT ON THE GRAM!
SPAGHETTI SANDWICH SLIDERS:
Now I know what you’re thinking… carbs on carbs? Trust me, it’s glorious. Almost reminds me of my childhood for some reason. Melty, gooey, savory, and oh-so-satisfying, this recipe will become a regular while entertaining or simply a weeknight meal. Here’s everything you’ll need:
GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
- Salted Butter
- Garlic Cloves
- Italian Parsley
- Grated Parmesan
FOR THE SLIDERS:
- Leftover Spaghetti With Sauce
- Hawaiian Slider Rolls
I prefer Hawaiian rolls, as they give a subtle hint of sweetness to the savory ingredients. Who doesn’t love a sweet and savory combo?
WHY SHOULD YOU TOAST BEFORE YOU ASSEMBLE THE SLIDERS??
While this step isn’t mandatory, it helps the bread hold up to the saucy interior… keeping it crunchy and prevents it from getting soggy. I like to toast mine with a heavy brushing of garlic herb butter, which adds a ton of flavor!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY:
Pan-Fried Easy Swedish Meatballs
Super Cheesy Meatball Pesto Sandwich
BBQ Hawaiian Slow Cooker Meatballs
Meatball and Italian Sub Combo – Best Combo, EVER
Meatball Stuffed Mexican Tortas
Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs over Romesco Ramen
VIEW ALL RECIPES BY CLICKING HERE!
- 1 cup Salted Butter, melted
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1-Package Hawaiian Slider Rolls
- 2 cups Leftover Spaghetti Mixed With Sauce
- 8 oz. Mozzarella, sliced thin
- 12 Meatballs, cooked
- 2 tbsp. Grated Parmesan
- Red Pepper Flakes, optional as desired
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Italian Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F. While you're waiting for it to warm, mix all ingredients for the garlic herb butter together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the rolls from the packaging and carefully cut in half, horizontally (separating the tops from the bottom). Then cut an "X" in the middle of each top, using kitchen scissors.
- Place both sides of the rolls on a baking dish, the bottom layer with cut side up and the top layer with cut side down (X's on top). Brush both with ⅔ of the garlic herb butter, then bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up the spaghetti and slice the mozzarella.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, top with spaghettiand most of the mozzarella slices (reserving some to sprinkle on top). To assemble, place the top layer of the bread on the bottom and garnish each slider roll with a cooked meatball by snuggling it inside the "X".
- Sprinkle the top with remaining mozzarella and bake for 15 more minutes. When finished, brush with remaining garlic herb butter, sprinkle with grated parmesan, optional red pepper flakes, and garnish with fresh herbs.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- My grandma always taught me to add a touch of cream cheese to my spaghetti sauces to make it have that extra little touch. My leftover pasta was made with a sauce consisting of marinara, cream cheese, a smidge of pesto, pasta water (of course!), parmesan, and a splash of half & half. Seriously though, any pasta you enjoy most will work in this recipe.
- I prefer to chop my noodles so they don’t stretch into other slider rolls. You can keep them intact, if you’d like! I just find this method to result in easier consumption / clean-up.
- If you have leftovers (which I would be totally surprised!), you can store them in the refrigerator wrapped in foil. Reheat in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes, wrapped in the foil, or until warmed through. Consume any leftovers within 2 days.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply