Sauced up with bbq sauce, pineapple chunks and peppers, these Slow Cooker Meatballs pair great with rice, inside sliders or simply enjoy them on their own!
Mix up your dinner game with these bad boys, right here. Sweet, spicy, savory… these Hawaiian meatballs will transport your taste buds to a sunny getaway on the islands. They take 5 minutes to prep (seriously) and your slow cooker will do the rest. Oh, and I absolutely love how this recipe can be served as an appetizer or main meal!
HOW TO MAKE HAWAIIAN SLOW COOKER MEATBALLS:
First, you’ll want to start with good quality meatballs. I partnered with Simek’s for this recipe, as their products contain no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors. Added Bonus: their turkey meatballs are also gluten free! Frozen meatballs work perfectly here, simply open the bag and pour them straight into your slow cooker. No thawing required!
Simek’s has been a partner with Feeding America since the end of 2017. Since their partnership has started, their One Gives One™ program has donated over 3 million meals! For every product purchased, Simek’s donates a meal to a local Feeding America food bank in the same community the product was purchased. So, by choosing their meatballs, you’re donating a meal right back to your own community!
The best thing about this recipe is the fact that it only requires five ingredients. The pineapple gives you a little sweetness, while the jalapeños give you a subtle kick of heat. Marry those with your favorite bbq sauce and you’ve got yourself a real treat. The bell pepper isn’t really necessary, I just always have them on hand so I thought I’d throw one in. Extra veggies are always a good idea.
HOW TO SERVE HAWAIIAN SLOW COOKER MEATBALLS:
For an easy dinner idea, pour these over some white rice then serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and green onions. Super flavorful and really fulfilling. This is a great idea for meal prep as well. Make a big batch on Sunday and enjoy for lunch over the next few days during the week. Simply reheat and enjoy!
Another option that’s perfect for families are sliders. There’s nothing more satisfying than a cheesy, pull-apart Hawaiian roll.
- Cut the rolls in half and place the bottoms in a baking dish.
- Add a meatball to each roll with a little sauce, peppers and pineapple.
- Top the entire dish with your favorite shredded cheese. I used Monterey Jack.
- Place the tops on before you bake.
- OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED: Melt 2 tbsp. butter and mix together with 2 tbsp. grated parmesan and 2 tsp. garlic powder. Brush on the top of sliders right before baking and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately! Trust me, these disappear fast.
OTHER SLIDER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- 1 bag (17 ounces) SIMEK'S Turkey Meatballs
- 1 can (8 ounces) Pineapple Chunks with juice
- 1 Bell Pepper, cut into small pieces
- 1 Jalapeño, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- Pour all ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Enjoy on their own as an appetizer, serve over rice or inside sliders for an easy dinner.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Any form of pineapple works here. Crushed, chunks or whole slices… they all taste great.
- This recipe is also great on the grill! Thaw the meatballs and place them on a skewer with pineapple chunks, bell pepper and jalapeños. Add them to a hot grill and baste them with the bbq sauce. Delish.
- For more veggie options, enjoy with a side of charred broccoli, sautéed green beans or over cauliflower rice.
This post is sponsored by SIMEK’S. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!