This veggie packed Lavash wrap is a quick and easy lunch option for busy afternoons. Prep the ingredients over the weekend and enjoy all week!
This vegetarian roll-up is a super delicious way to get your daily dose of fiber and veggies. It’s made by combining two of my favorite recipes: California Inspired Chickpea Avocado Salad + White Bean Hummus. I also recommend serving it with my Pesto Whipped Feta, as it’s a wonderful addition to this monster of a sandwich.
HOW TO MEAL PREP LAVASH WRAPS:
I’ve been noshing on these bad boys during my daily lunch routine for about a week now, so I figured I best share them on my little ‘ol blog. This recipe is fresh, full of crisp vegetables and takes a matter of minutes to assemble. We start with Atoria’s Family Bakery Flatbreads. These are clean label breads that are baked with pronounceable ingredients, so I feel good about feeding them to my family. To save time during the week, I prep all wrap ingredients on Sunday night. This way, all you have to do is pull out your Lavash, smear it with some hummus and pile on the veggies. Fold together and you’ve got yourself a marvelous meal.
- If prepping for use throughout the week, do not add the avocado to the salad while meal prepping. Instead… cut avocado, as needed, and add to the wrap right before consuming.
- Do not assemble this recipe in advance, as the wrap will absorb moisture from the ingredients and will become less firm. Wraps are best enjoyed immediately.
- Of course, you can customize this to your own liking. Want a splash of balsamic vinegar? Yum. Need to swap the pickled red onion for chives? Go for it. Per the usual, my creations are customizable!
- You can get a full case of Atoria’s Flatbreads delivered straight to your front door. Simply click here to order! You can also visit their flatbread finder to snag some at a store near you.
INGREDIENTS IN CALIFORNIA AVOCADO SALAD + HUMMUS:
This recipe is incredibly versatile, and the ingredients are readily available year-round.
- Bell Pepper: Any color will work in this recipe. Personally, I like the sweetness of red, orange or yellow.
- English Cucumber: This variety is generally sweeter and has less seeds than a regular cucumber. The skin is thinner, so it doesn’t require peeling either.
- Chickpeas: I always have a can of these in my pantry, so I thought it would add a nice element of creaminess and protein.
- Red Onion: You can leave this ingredient raw or pickle it for less of a punch. It can also be substituted for sweet or white onion, green onions or chives.
- Tomatoes: Cut the cherry tomatoes in half so their juices add to the overall dressing in the recipe.
- Avocado: One of my favorite ingredients. This just adds some extra yummies.
- Mozzarella: Fresh mozzarella pearls are a great addition, however, use any type of cheese you enjoy most.
- Walnuts: Per the usual, I had some of these on hand so that’s what I used. You could also utilize pistachios, slivered almonds, pecans, or cashews.
- Herby Lemon Dressing: I love making my own sauces and dressings. This one here is a delicious mix of fresh herbs, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Hummus: I always have a container of my White Bean Hummus in my fridge. It’s great for mid-day snacking with vegetables. Make sure to layer it on the top half of the Lavash, as it will help seal the flatbread sandwich when you roll it up.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained
- 2 Avocados, chopped
- 1 English Cucumber, chopped
- Pickled Red Onion Slices, as needed
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 small clamshell of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Mini Balls
- ½ cup Walnuts
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- 3 tbsp. minced Basil
- 1 tbsp. minced Parsley
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Atoria's Lavash Wraps
- White Bean Hummus, as needed
- Pesto Whipped Feta, as needed
- MAKE THE CHICKPEA AVOCADO SALAD + DRESSING: Add all ingredients to a large serving bowl and drizzle with herb-lemon dressing. Whisk minced herbs, olive oil and fresh lemon juice together in a small container or bowl and pour over the salad. Mix until well combined and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE LAVASH WRAPS: Place lavash on a flat surface and smear the top half with hummus. Layer the bottom half with the chickpea avocado salad and roll from the bottom up. Repeat four times. Cut each one in half and enjoy immediately with pesto whipped feta.
LAVASH WRAP NOTES:
- If I have extra time to fire up the grill, I’ll sometimes add chicken or steak or pork to my wrap. You could also add tuna fish for a quicker protein.
- For heartier appetites, try serving this with my Air Fryer Potato Wedges, Baked Feta over Roasted Broccoli or a bowl of my Tomato Basil Soup.
- Want to pack-in some crunch? Try adding green leaf lettuce, Bibb, Boston or iceberg.
This post is sponsored by Atoria’s Family Bakery. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: