Chickpea Avocado Salad is a delicious combination of refreshing fruits, veggies, mozzarella and walnuts all tossed in a homemade herb vinaigrette. You’re going to love this irresistible combination, I promise!
I was raised in the farming town of Lodi, California. Now known for their wines (hello, Zinfandel!), Lodi has always had a plethora of fresh produce available year-round. I remember buying avocado’s and cherries straight from the farmers, either at the market downtown or country roads on the way to Rio Vista. It was a really cool place to grow up.
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEO:
This easy recipe makes a perfect side dish for sandwiches, grilled steaks or used as a topper for bruschetta! It’s colorful, flavorful, and requires absolutely no cooking. Winner, winner… guess what you should make for dinner? 🙂
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA AVOCADO SALAD:
I love the combination of creamy and crunch in this recipe. Crispy bell peppers, cool cucumbers, smooth chickpeas, zesty red onion, vibrant tomatoes, flawless avocado, fresh mozzarella and nutty walnuts. Per the usual, feel free to omit or add what you enjoy most! There’s so many yummy variations, I’ll list a few below!
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Al Dente Pasta Noodles
- Pearled Couscous
- Substitute Mozzarella for Feta and add Kalamata Olives
- Celery + their leafy tops
- Grilled Corn, cut off the cob
The possibilities are endless! Don’t be afraid to get creative. If you find a combination that you loooooove, let me know in the comments so I can make a batch for my fam!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
How To Make White Bean Hummus From Scratch
Whipped Feta Dip With A Swirl Of Pesto
- 3 tbsp. minced Basil
- 1 tbsp. minced Parsley
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained
- 2 Avocados, chopped
- 1 English Cucumber, chopped
- ½ small Red Onion, diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 small clamshell of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Mini Balls
- ½ cup Walnuts
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Whisk minced herbs, olive oil and fresh lemon juice together in a small container or bowl. Set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a large serving bowl and drizzle with herb-lemon dressing. Mix until well combined and serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 24 hours.
NOTES ON CHICKPEA AVOCADO SALAD:
- You can prep most of this recipe in advance, if needed. Chop the cucumber, red onion, bell pepper and tomatoes and place them in an air tight container in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to assemble, simply whisk the dressing together and add the avocado, mozzarella and walnuts.
- Not a fan of raw red onion? No problem! You can pickle them or easily substitute with milder white, sweet or green onion. Chives would work nicely, too!
- Got leftovers? Throw them into a wrap (video above)! A fun spin that’s great for lunch on-the-go!
Photographs featured on this recipe were taken and styled for That’s Tasty. If you’d like to learn more about my recipe development for food and beverage brands, please check out my Recipe Development and Photography tabs for more details. Want to work together? Shoot me an email!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply