Become the master of your grill with this easy recipe guide on How To Grill New York Strip Steak. See how easy it is to cook a juicy steak for any occasion. Perfect for tailgates, social gatherings, or an indulgent weeknight entree.
There’s nothing quite like a well executed, seasoned-just-right steak. Am I right? New York Strip is one of the easiest steaks to grill, making it one of our favorite cuts to cook at home. The #1 rule is to cook the steaks over direct, high heat with the lid open. This method will ensure that the juices are sealed inside and you achieve those picture-perfect grill marks.
Once cooked, allow the steaks to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
We love serving grilled steak with veggies and a salad for lighter occasions, or sandwiched between two buns with a side of fries for heartier cravings.
This recipe was developed and photographed exclusively for That’s Tasty Pure Organic Flavor. If you’d like to learn more about our recipe development for food brands, please click here.
TEMPATURE CHEAT SHEET FOR A 1-INCH STEAK:
Rare: Roughly 4 minutes each side – or cook to 125F.
Medium Rare: Roughly 5 minutes each side – or cook to 135F.
Medium: Roughly 6 minutes each side – or cook to 145F.
Well: Roughly 7 minutes each side – or cook to 160F.
- 2 New York Strip Steaks
- 3 tbsp. That's Tasty Organic Italian Herbs Purée
- 1 tbsp. That's Tasty Organic Garlic Purée
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Vegetables for grilling (we used carrots, zucchini and yellow squash)
- Juice of 1 Lemon, optional for veggies
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, optional for additional garnish
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about an hour before grilling. Rub steaks with the purees and sprinkle with salt and pepper. This will give them time to marinade.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Lightly brush both sides of each steak with olive oil and place directly on the grill. Cook until you’ve reached your desired internal temperature. See cheat sheet above.
- Flip steaks over and cook according to your internal temperature preference.
- Remove steaks from the grill and allow them to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. If desired, squeeze on some additional Italian Herbs Puree or sprinkle with fresh parsley, to taste.
- While the steak rests, grill the vegetables for 5 – 7 minutes, or until tender. Simply season vegetables with lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil before grilling.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Grilled Corn with Cilantro Cowboy Butter
Jordan’s Grilled Chicken Wings
Grilled Peach Salad with Aged Balsamic Vinegar
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply