Not kidding, this Lemon Pepper Chicken embodies everything you want in a meal and then some. Juicy in the center, crispy around the edges.
My family and I eat chicken a few times per week, so I’m always trying to think of different ways to serve it! Today’s recipe is simply the bees knees… it’s SO GOOD! If you’re looking for more chicken recipes, make sure to check out my Mini Chicken Pot Pies with Mushroom Gravy, these Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Burritos, or this Weeknight Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta! All fam-favs!
WATCH ME MAKE THIS ON THE GRAM!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients for the breading, I bet you already have it all on hand. Go ahead and look in your pantry… I’ll be here waiting when you get back. 😉
FOR THE BREADING:
- All Purpose Flour
- Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan
- Lemon Zest
- Ground Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- Vegetable or Peanut Oil
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Slices
- Fresh Italian Parsley
Serve the fried chicken over rice or with mashed potatoes, on top of a bed of greens, or inside a sandwich!
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES TO EXPLORE:
Yellow Squash Casserole with Shredded Chicken
Ramen Chicken Salad with Mandarine Oranges
Jalapeño Poppers Stuffed with Cheesy Chicken
Air Fryer Crack Chicken Egg Rolls
Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados with a Cheesy Cracker Crust
Healthy Chicken Salad with Crunchy Apples
The Best French Onion Chicken Salad
Air Fryer Katsu Chicken Recipe
Creamy Mushroom Ramen with Brown Butter Chicken
Cobb Salad Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
Incredibly Yummy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
VIEW ALL RECIPES BY CLICKING HERE!
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 3 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable or Peanut Oil
- 1.5 lb. Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon - cut into slices
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
- Mix all the ingredients for the breading in a large, shallow bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs in a large, shallow bowl and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast in half, creating two thin cutlets from each breast.
- Set a large skillet over medium high heat on the stove. Add the oil a minute or two before cooking.
- Dip each cutlet into the whisked eggs and cover all sides with the breading. Then add each cutlet into the skillet to shallow pan fry.
- Fry cutlets for 10 - 12 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through. The chicken will be done when the internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Enjoy with additional lemon slices and parsley for garnish.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I prefer to add the lemon zest to the breading, as it will get a little crispy when pan-frying. However, if you want to whisk it into the egg mixture… that works too!
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breast usually comes in about 1.5 packages with three breast. If you slice each in half, this will give you six cutlets.
- I love adding the lemon slices for garnish, as it gives this dish some extra zip. Then of course, Italian parsley is a must for a pop of color and brightness.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Springer Mountain Farms. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
Leave a Reply