One of my favorite ways to use one of my favorite childhood stapes is making Ramen Noodle Salad. Crunchy, sweet, savory, and so satisfying.
This week we’re rediscovering the wonderful world of ramen! Yes, the 29-cent pantry pal that we all noshed on while growing up. Crushing the noodles makes a great addition to salads, or keep them whole and make this Beef Stir Fry! Need something vegetarian? Give my Super Easy Peanut Sesame Noodles a try! Stay tuned, my friends. There’s more recipes to come!
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RAMEN NOODLE SALAD:
The dressing for this is absolutely addicting. It’s balanced perfectly and tastes wonderful with the coleslaw. If you’re short on time, you can definitely use a store-bought dressing… but I highly recommend trying this one out, too!
FOR THE TANGY SESAME VINAIGRETTE:
- Rice Vinegar
- Avocado Oil
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Liquid Aminos
- Garlic Clove
- Maple Syrup
- Salt + Pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- Bag of Coleslaw
- Slivered Almonds
- Chicken Chunks
- Mandarin Oranges
- Ramen Noodles
- Breaded Chicken
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
Other items I like to add, when I have them on hand, include shelled edamame, chopped red bell pepper, fresh jalapeño slices and avocado. Oh, and sometimes I swap the mandarin oranges for sliced mango!
This is a semi-homemade recipe, which means throwing it all together is quick and easy!
- Pre-bagged coleslaw mix is a game changer! Find it in the lettuce section of the grocery store.
- For extra flavor, I toast my almond slivers. They get this extra nutty flavor that tastes delicious! It takes just a few minutes over a hot stove. However, if needed, you can purchase pre-toasted almonds.
- I used Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Chunks in this recipe, as they’re one of my favs (and a great way to save on time)! Then I cut them into bite-size pieces.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Apples
California Inspired Chickpea and Avocado Salad
The Best Homemade Antipasto Salad
Chicken Cobb Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Super Refreshing Watermelon Cucumber Salad with Feta
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp. Liquid Aminos
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Maple Syrup
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 16 oz. Bag of Coleslaw
- ½ cup Slivered Almonds, toasted optional
- ¾ lb. Chicken Chunks, cooked and chopped (about 14 pieces)
- 15 oz. Can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 pack of Ramen Noodles, crushed
- 2 tbsp. Sliced Green Onions
- 2 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- Cook the chicken according to packaged directions.
- While the chicken cooks, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Toast the almonds in a large skillet, if desired, and set aside to cool.
- When the chicken is finished, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the coleslaw, cooled almonds, chicken, mandarin oranges, crushed ramen noodles, green onions, chopped cilantro, sesame seeds and the dressing together in a large bowl. Enjoy!
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- This can totally be prepped ahead of time. Just make sure to keep the crushed ramen noodles and dressing separate, then toss together right before you’re ready to enjoy.
- Break up the ramen noodles in a separate bag, as you risk popping open the seasoning mix if you crush them in the bag they came in.
- This salad also tastes great with grilled chicken, cooked shrimp, salmon or even steak!
- If you like a sweeter dressing, add a dab more of the honey or maple syrup! Whisk, taste, and adjust as needed. You could also reserve some of the juices that the mandarin oranges are canned in and add that to the dressing for an extra orangey-oomph.
Leave a Reply