Whether you’re looking for a quick and healthy lunch or a side dish for dinner, nothing beats this Spinach Strawberry Salad recipe!
When summer turns to fall, I immediately start to crave hearty comfort foods: French Onion Soup, Mashed Potatoes, Chipotle Braised Pot Roast… gimme them all! However, it’s always nice to have something bright and refreshing on the side. So let’s chat a little more about this gorgeous salad. 😉
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD INGREDIENTS:
Here’s everything you need for this easy spinach salad:
- Fresh Spinach
- Roasted Pecans
- Granny Smith Apple
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Kombucha Salad Dressing
If you’re looking to add some protein, this pairs great with chicken, bacon or grilled salmon. Do you follow a vegetarian diet? Try tossing in some roasted tofu or white navy beans.
WHAT IS KOMBUCHA DRESSING?
We all need a little more probiotics in our life, yeah? I’m a huge fan of kombucha and I drink KÖE daily. They recently came out with some new flavors, and I’ve been absolutely smitten. (Psst: you can purchase your own on Amazon here). I was thinking of dinner ideas last week and it dawned on me… could I substitute vinegar in salad dressing recipes with kombucha? Turns out, you can! It’s delicious! Here’s what you’ll need to make this poppyseed version:
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard (change to 1 – 2, preference)
- KÖE’s Strawberry Lemon Kombucha
- Garlic Cloves
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Salt + Black Pepper
I’ll list the exact measurements below, but feel free to adjust ingredients to your own preferences. Dried Thyme works well in this recipe as well. You can also add a squeeze of fresh citrus if you have some on hand.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SPINACH SALAD:
I love serving this as a casual weeknight side dish, but it’s also fancy enough for the holidays! It comes together quickly and looks oh-so-fancy. Below are some pairing ideas if you need some!
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup KÖE Strawberry Lemon Kombucha
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Poppyseeds
- 1 tsp. Honey (or more to taste)
- Salt + Black Pepper
- 10 oz. Spinach
- ¾ cup Roasted Pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, thinly sliced
- ⅛ small Red Onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ Block of Feta, crumbled
- Drizzle of Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Cover with lid and shake well before serving.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and pour desired amount of dressing over. Toss to combine. Enjoy immediately.
- Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator and use within 2 days.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- You can use fresh or dried herbs in the dressing recipe. Other herbs I like to utilize include Italian parsley, thyme, and basil.
- If you’re craving some extra tang in your dressing, you can also squeeze in a bit of fresh lemon juice. I usually use half a lemon.
- This dressing can also be used as a meat marinade, dip for veggies or drizzled over roasted potatoes.
This post is sponsored by KÖE Organic Kombucha. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS RECIPE: